Official Match Thread | Chelsea vs City 27th Feb

Re: Chelsea vs City 27 Feb

allyboy said:
Thats the best line-up with maybe Zab on the bench and Ade up front with Tevez.

Andouble said:
let's nick a point to end this dreadful month.

---Given---
Richards-Kompany-Lescott-Bridge
Zab-DeJong-Barry
Johnson------Bellamy
--------Tevez-----

that's what I think he'll play. I wouldn't play 3 defensive mids anywhere. Let's try and win a game every once in a while FFS.
Vieira is injured, and Ireland is playing poorly so do you wnat to play with 2 defensive midfielders and two out and out wingers at Chelsea?

I'd be quite happy to see City play 4-5-1, with Tevez the lone striker. Or Adebayor if he's available, and Tevez dropping deep into midfield

City are quite capable of getting something at Stamford Bridge, but the extra time wont help. To stand a chance we need to be well organised, and get men behind the ball. That's what liverpool and Stoke did to us

------------------Given------------------

---Onouha--Kompany---Lescott---Bridge--

----Johnson--De Jong---Barry---Bellamy---

------------Tevez------------------------

----------------------Santa Cruz---------

It's official, Cech is out injured for a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That means we will get the chance to assault Hilario on goal, if we have a striker for this match that is...

--------------------------GIVEN-----------------------------------------

--RICHARDS-----LESCOTT--------KOMPANY------------BRIDGE-----------

------------------DE JONG------------ZABALETA-----------------------

---BELLAMY-----------------BARRY---------------------------JOHNSON---

--------------------------TEVEZ-----------------------------------------

We've not won there since 1993, we're playing THE most dreadful football I've seen in many a year but yes everyone we're going to win :/:/

lets be realistic....cheski are a step above us at present

id settle for a draw right now (which in my opinion would be a good result) but i cannt see us holding chelski

2-0 chelski

and after this game we then move forward and Mancini must set out a positive team to win every game regardless of home or away....drop the defensive approach and just go for it

Pretty much everyone will lose at Stamford Bridge, they've won 12 of their 13 home games in the league so far, the one draw being 3-3 against Everton. This is one of those games where any sensible City fan predicted a defeat pre-season, and their predictions shouldn't have changed. What this means is we should be able to relax into the game and play with a greater degree of freedom, the pressure is off, no-one expects anything other than defeat. Whether Mancini allows City to do this or not is debatable (I'd go with him enforcing the turgid defensive displays of recent games if I werer a betting man).

I can't see anything other than a comfortable Chelsea victory, 2-0 to Chelsea for me. Any kind of positive result will be a huge boost and additional points no-one should have factored into our end of season total.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.