Official Match Thread - Man City V WBA

LoveCity said:
Referee Martin "Fergie Time" Atkinson, a loss or draw would mean 20 successive failures to win in a row under that noble, impartial referee.

you sure? I know we have a record similar with Peter Walton, but this bloke as well?

RM said that he had to change things after last night. Did that mean the mentality of the players, the formation or the actual playing staff.
I've got a feeling he's going to change both the formation and the players
Hart/Given
Zab Toure Kompany Kolorov
De Jong Boetang
Silva Ya Ya
Tevez Dzeko
Not a lot of width but no wingers available. He'll rely on full backs to get forward.

RM did say he had to change things and in the context he put it he was talking about tightening up the defence.....

but its WBA at home (no disresect to WBA)!!!

we should be going all out and trying to crush these...we need to play attacking football for 90mins...we have players int he squad that allows us to do this

at the very least RM could select a more attacking bench to give himself some options!!!

LoveCity said:
Referee Martin "Fergie Time" Atkinson, a loss or draw would mean 20 successive failures to win in a row under that noble, impartial referee.
Sorry but I find that statistic difficult to believe. Can we have your source?

I know it won't happen but wouldn't mind seeing...

_____________Hart____________

Kompany_____Toure_____Boateng

Zabba___YaYa___De Jong___Kolorov

____________Silva____________

_______Tevez_____Dzeko______

Give Silva and Yaya freedom to roam

We should just play as attacking as we possibly can for 90 minutes to see how we do. Might tempt Bobby to try it more often.

Seriously though, must win and I would take one of those manure specials off the back of anyone's head in the 98th minute as long as it meant 3 points.

csit17 said:
I know it won't happen but wouldn't mind seeing...

_____________Hart____________

Kompany_____Toure_____Boateng

Zabba___YaYa___De Jong___Kolorov

____________Silva____________

_______Tevez_____Dzeko______

Give Silva and Yaya freedom to roam

Would love to see that for half a game. I would swap Toure and Kompany round as we can only attack down one side at a time and if Zabba goes forward it leaves Vinnie as a sort of right back, prefer Kolo there really.

-----------------------------Hart---------------------------------------

----Zabaleta---------Toure-----------Kompany----------Kolorov---------

---------------------------De Jong-------------------------------------

-----------------Toure-----------------Barry------------------------

---Silva--------------------------------------------------Tevez-------

---------------------------Dzeko--------------------------------------

Was half tempted to stick Zaba in the middle.

So far, all the above formations show we have no width at all.

I cannot imagine that our last four performances have escaped the notice of Di Matteo.

If we do win, and despite all the drawbacks of playing a flawed system, I fully expect us to, it will be ground out.

If we drop points, then it is game over for a CL finish.

Andouble said:
LoveCity said:

you sure? I know we have a record similar with Peter Walton, but this bloke as well?

He played well for us against Newcastle. Just hope this match isn't his apology.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.