Official Match Thread: Manchester City vs Aston Villa Fa Cup

VIlla at home then Reading at home I've booked the hotel already for the 16th April I hope we are on the Saturday never been more sure of anything its our cup bring it on

Dont care what team we play 30 years since our last major final and this is the year I can feel it Mancini is a winner and win we will

Rest nobody.

If they're fit, they need to play.

I'd play Milner over Barry...

Maybe Zabaleta in the de Jong role?

Ric said:
I'd line up as follows:

Hart

Zabaleta
Boateng
Lescott
Kolarov

Barry
Milner
Yaya Toure

Silva
Tevez
Balotelli
Barry is shite whenever he plays against Villa and isn't Silva injured? Dzeko is the man.<br /><br />-- Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:19 am --<br /><br />Here is the AWAY league table with Aston Villa down in the relegation zone, which should give us some confidence, especially without their star striker.

<a class="postlink" href="http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/premier-league/2010-2011/league-tables/away-record.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/ ... ecord.html</a>

Mancini will probably set up with a 4-3-3 again although I have a few gripes about that. Starting Balotelli, Dzeko and Tevez is fine but in the last few games Balotelli and Dzeko have setup almost like wingers supporting Tevez.

My complaint about this is that Mancini needs to decide whether he is playing wide or straight through the middle. If he is playing through the middle then a diamond should be adopted with either Tevez, Silva or Milner behind the 2 strikers. If wide then SWP and Kolarov or Johnson when fit.

Milner IMO should be starting games and should not be played wide or in central midfield like Mancini seems to always want. Milner plays best behind the strikers. I mean how much did he cost? he barely gets a look in.

All I'm saying is if he is going with 3 strikers they need to be setup a bit better than currently, Dzeko and Balotelli are "centre" forwards not wingers.

badaz52 said:
Mancini will probably set up with a 4-3-3 again although I have a few gripes about that. Starting Balotelli, Dzeko and Tevez is fine but in the last few games Balotelli and Dzeko have setup almost like wingers supporting Tevez.

My complaint about this is that Mancini needs to decide whether he is playing wide or straight through the middle. If he is playing through the middle then a diamond should be adopted with either Tevez, Silva or Milner behind the 2 strikers. If wide then SWP and Kolarov or Johnson when fit.

Milner IMO should be starting games and should not be played wide or in central midfield like Mancini seems to always want. Milner plays best behind the strikers. I mean how much did he cost? he barely gets a look in.

All I'm saying is if he is going with 3 strikers they need to be setup a bit better than currently, Dzeko and Balotelli are "centre" forwards not wingers.

and milner not a winger either, but can some tell bob that

Ric said:
I'd line up as follows:

Hart

Zabaleta
Boateng
Lescott
Kolarov

Barry
Milner
Yaya Toure

Silva
Tevez
Balotelli

That would be ideal if they're all fit. I'd like to see that front 3 again, was starting to work well before Balotelli got injured.

Mancini may not like City playing every 3 days, but I think it's great!

----------Hart------------
Zab--Toure--Lescott--Kolarov
---Milner--Barry--Yaya-----
Balotelli--Tevez---Dzeko-----

Really not looking forward to this game, we got the best chance in a long time to get to the semis but there is always that nagging thing in the back of my mind that a top cat performance will happen tonight. i'd plays Zabs at LB up against Albrighton as he is a dangerous player.

Hart

Richards
Boateng
Toure
Zabaleta

Yaya
Milner
Silva

Balotelli
Tevez
Dzeko

gotta go for this tonight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.