Official Match Thread | Sunderland vs City 14th March

Every City game there is a group of friends who goto or watch them game on tv. One person in the group will say City played well. Someone else will say City played poor. Another will critize a player or the manager. Happens after every game. There will always be someone with a different opinion. In person people would debate or discuss not name call unless looking for a fight. This is the internet though and most people don't act how they normally would in public. How someone thinks City played doesn't mean they support the team or don't. Just like the fans who are happy the fans who are disgruntled want City to do well. Do agree calling for a player or mangers head after one performance is extreme. Basically in a nutshell some people need to work on their socialization skills. HAHA

So many of you are singling out Roque it's ridiculous, Bellamy and Tevez were poor in front of goal and spurned numerous opportunities. Roque was slated for his cross, which was quite clearly a miss-hit (possibly due to the woeful state of the pitch) that can happen to anyone, yet virtually no-one complains regarding Johnson's consistently poor corners that fail to beat the first man. The level of double standards is ridiculous and for those who say he's the worst signing we've ever made... well it just goes to show how long you've been watching City.

In the end it was a good result considering what we could have come away with but we deserved more, just bad luck and poor finishing.

IlDivinCodino said:
So many of you are singling out Roque it's ridiculous, Bellamy and Tevez were poor in front of goal and spurned numerous opportunities. Roque was slated for his cross, which was quite clearly a miss-hit (possibly due to the woeful state of the pitch) that can happen to anyone, yet virtually no-one complains regarding Johnson's consistently poor corners that fail to beat the first man. The level of double standards is ridiculous and for those who say he's the worst signing we've ever made... well it just goes to show how long you've been watching City.

In the end it was a good result considering what we could have come away with but we deserved more, just bad luck and poor finishing.

I complained both about Johnson's corners and Santa Cruz's performance, difference is Bellamy and Tevez have played well consistantly this season, Santa hasn't been around too.

Bonol said:
Clear out in the summer, manager first

Don't talk shite. Gordon was brilliant today making some fantastic saves. We were not good in the first half but Mancini changed that at half time and in the second half we were great and Sunderland were lucky not to lose.
We deserved a win today but a brilliant goalkeepign display stopped us. Mancini is a great manager and will get much better as he learns the english game. The club will regret it if he is sacked.

We can expect more games like that as we progress as a club. Sunderland were up for it today and decided to defend for their lives after taking an early lead.

It is frustrating to play against tactics like that but we still could have won the game if it wasn't for their keeper.

On another day we would have - but also on another day Johnson's wonder strike wouldn't have gone in!

After reading this match preview I had a feeling it would be a draw but felt we deserved to nick it given the chances we created.

I raised a post at H/T slating the performance and rightly so. Mancini has to stop playing with 3 defensive midfielders. He surely must see its hindering our attacking options.

But I have to say that was a great second half performance apart from the finishing, i thought RSC coming on had a positive effect, he held the ball up well and got some good flick on's, his finishing did let him down on a couple of occasions but the abuse on here was way over the top.

We desperately need to carry that second half into the Fulham game next week and nothing less than a win is required.

mcfc83 said:
We can expect more games like that as we progress as a club. Sunderland were up for it today and decided to defend for their lives after taking an early lead.

It is frustrating to play against tactics like that but we still could have won the game if it wasn't for their keeper.

On another day we would have - but also on another day Johnson's wonder strike wouldn't have gone in!

I had a feeling it would be a draw but felt we deserved to nick it given the chances we created.

Agree strongly. But the first half was dreadful. We always seem to play our best when we need to react. To be real winners we need to be consistently playing 90 minutes like we did the second half. Until then we'll do the odd away win at Chelsea then be "typical City" the next week.

Please City, let's sort it out for the final stretch! CTID.

Pezzer2 said:
I raised a post at H/T slating the performance and rightly so. Mancini has to stop playing with 3 defensive midfielders. He surely must see its hindering our attacking options.

But I have to say that was a great second half performance apart from the finishing, i thought RSC coming on had a positive effect, he held the ball up well and got some good flick on's, his finishing did let him down on a couple of occasions but the abuse on here was way over the top.

We desperately need to carry that second half into the Fulham game next week and nothing less than a win is required.
I agree with this post except you cannot blame Mancini for using 3 so-called defensive midfielders. We simply don't have a good enough attacking midfielder in the squad. Superman is not the player he was. My suggestion would be to play RSC and Adebayor as twin strikers with Tevez playing behind them. With Bellamy and Johnson on the wings, we could become an attacking force again. Yesteday I watched a rerun of the City 6-0 Pompey win. Our scorers included Jo, Robinho and Fernandes. Just thought I would mention it as RSC gets unnecessary stick from you guys. He wasted two chances but helped create several more. He has become the new Bentner, who still managed a hat-trick in the Champions League.

peng said:
mcfc83 said:

I had a feeling it would be a draw but felt we deserved to nick it given the chances we created.

Agree strongly. But the first half was dreadful. We always seem to play our best when we need to react. To be real winners we need to be consistently playing 90 minutes like we did the second half. Until then we'll do the odd away win at Chelsea then be "typical City" the next week.

Please City, let's sort it out for the final stretch! CTID.

We were poor but on reflection and having seen the first half again twice ( glutten for punishment ) Given had little to do and we could easily have gone in at 0-0 despite how lack lustre and bereft of ideas we were in the first 45 minutes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.