Official MatchDay Thread | Manchester City v Blackburn

Some over-reactions here, I think. Blackburn defended very well, we attacked with what we had - Jo didn't exactly shine, perhaps some of the MF was a little slow at times, we got a home draw, Pedersen didn't score against us for once, so...SACK EVERYONE, obviously.

Wind in your expectations. This is City, if you remember anything from the past. You love it because it's like this.

Jimma said:
lets look at the positives lads..

we made plenty of chances today.. had 15 or so shots on target right?

The only stat that matters to me is full time score. Not good enough, end of.

Not the refs fault, not the lack of ball boys, the men on the pitch are the ones to blame. The last 2 games have shown we are still learning and should hopefully calm down the people thinking we're going to win the league this year.
Keep the faith fella's, it's still early.

Griff93 said:
Mancini needs to give his head a wobble and rethink what he is doing. He has the players now, so no excuses.

Agree. He needs to see 4-5-1 at home with a 3 foot lone striker and think ... NO!!!!!!
Sadly today, he didn't.

Well, that was... dull. I get the feeling city think they should be able to win these kind of games at a stroll. Well they can't. They might win some games by big scoreline's giving the impression that it was an easy game, but you'll never win games like this even if you have better players unless you matched them for effort and work rate first. Then the quality should swing it more often then not.

We're actually quite thin in attack. Milner very poor. Jo also poor. Silva didn't have the time to achieve anything.

Also our central midfielders didn't help much in the offense today. At least not until Barry came on.

The bright spots were Tevez and especially AJ that continues to impress.

Now of to the basketball semi-final. Go Lithuania!

Utter crap ......How amazing........Silva came on and didn't crumple like an infant, looked composed, classy and alert........I say it again, we will get nowhere with mancini and the sooner he goes the better....that's not a reaction to today's rubbish [albeit a bit better second half]....that's my opinion since he walked through the doors at eastlands.....don't like him, don't like his tactics and don't like the way he has top international players who most clubs would die for playing like clueless chickens.......no pattern to play and most of the time a lack of ideas.........depressing and not too suprising from a mancini side.........

i feel too emotionally strained after a city match like today's to get up and do my daily shite. oh well. I know you blues are feeling my pain aswell.

LoveCity said:
Same old deja vu feeling of not being able to put away these hard man long ball anti-football teams. But we really should have. Have tried to defend Jo - just please, never play him again at this level.

There are certain teams that fit Jo's playstyle, you know, like,

Portland Timbers

Keeping Jo is nothing short of Mancini putting himself before the club - I said things might get worse before they get better<br /><br />-- Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:59 pm --<br /><br />Keeping Jo is nothing short of Mancini putting himself before the club - I said things might get worse before they get better

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.