Official Rangers v City Thread

Cue the mockery, and it's well deserved.

Yeah, yeah, it's only preseason, but the notion of kicking off the season in 10 days is downright frightening after watching that display today. The defense was repeatedly overrun by the not-fleet-of-foot Rangers attack, the midfield lost the ball way too many times way too easily, and outside of the first goal, the attack seemed completely rusty and looked like everyone was reading from different scripts.

Just bringing in Lescott isn't going to help matters, as Touré and Bridge were every bit as shaky out there as the other struggling defenders. Five matches into the preseason, I'm searching desperately for any signs of improvement, and I have to say that I'm not coming up with anything.

The next nine days had better be remarkable ones at the training ground, because right now City are an absolute mess.

At least I learned that wahid-wahid is one-all in arabic, though that commentary does your head in after a bit. Would be a good chant though "Wahid-Wahid". We could be the only supporters in the world who sing when we're drawing.

WAHID-WAHID
WE ONLY SING WHEN WE'RE DRAWING

Two-all was Ith-nain Ith-nain but I couldn't be arsed to learn three funnily enough.

gx

Three concerns

1) Dunne
2) Ben Haim
3) Etuhu

I hope we play team likely to start against Blackburn because if any of above are present it ain't going to be pretty.

C_T_I_D said:
Positives

- Good link-up between Adebayor and Robinho
- Martin Petrov looks on fire
- Tevez will do a quality job on the right with SWP and Weiss as back up
- Ireland still looks on top form
- Adebayor is winning quite a bit in the air and holding up the ball well
- Robinho looked really, really up for it and was instrumental in all good things we done
- Barry looked like he had been in that midfield for about 5 years
- Gaining match fitness
- This game highlighted our weaknesses and they can be corrected now
- Them kits looking absolutely amazing

Negatives

- Tal Ben Haim getting on the pitch
- Losing the game (doesn't really matter, it's only a friendly)
- Etuhu not looking like he'll be good enough to make it at this club
- The defence generally looking terrible because of us not having a natural LCB
- The formation at times were all over the show

Anything I have missed?

That's a fair assessment. If Etuhu, BenHaim and Dunne start in the first game of the season I'll eat my own sh.....irt ;)

its a shame we lost but all in all a very enjoyable game,shows hughes has still some work on his hands with the defense but players still to come back from injury and fitness levels to be sorted especially with robbie and maybe one or two more players to come.

i still have very high hopes for the season coming.

Hahahaha, why do we do it to ourselves? It is a friendly but still, keep some dignity. Bridge is starting to really bug me, im one of the many people who stick up for him, but he isnt improving. Etuhu's not good enough, never impressed me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.