Official Rangers v City Thread

chazmcfc said:
pmsl. un fucking believable. great game though. some real postivies and weiss will be one hell of a player if he isn't already. the defence definitely needs to be assessed.

Like I say - when the forward line gels it will scare the opposition to death - attack is the best form of defence

The forward line showed glimpses of whats to come - give it time

Prediction

Bburn v 1-3
v Wolves 3-0

It will come give it time

Blue_6384 said:
Evening! first post but read for a while.

Anyone else think Zab was lookin good tbh i think he sould be ahead of De Jong in the DM role. Thoughts?
welcome blue
i agree, dont think de jong is up to the job tbh, zab is class
weiss should replace swp imo aswell

ps. rag ;)

Not a bad game to watch that, not bothered about the result but I would have thought that Etuhu would be busting a gut to get a chance in that squad and to me he just looked pissed off.

Really sad but I just don't think he's good enough, still if TBH gets a game........

I dont want to go over the top because it was a friendly but despite spending £millions the problems we had last season are still glaringly obvious now. I am starting to get a little worried!

Dunne was no fucking good last year and he will be no fucking good this year and seeing him wearing that captains armband is quite frankly an embarassment. I honestly thought and hoped we had seen the end of this clown last year but it appears not. We could stick Terry/Vidic/Ferdinand/Any other World class centre half next to Dunne and the defence will still look shit because he just drags us down, bringing Toure in is good business but if he starts the season next to Dunne then Hughes might as well have dug up my dead gran to play next to Dunne and saved the £14 million. Also its nice to see that he still continues to make his stupid fucking late tackles around our area! Can someone please tell me how any club can spend £100 million and still have Dunne near the 1st team?

TBH is a fucking nightmare, I just cant see what he has going for him!

Etuhu is absolute garbage, Weiss had been on the field for 30 secs and attacked the full back, I have never once seen Etuhu attack any full back!

Friendlies are supposed to be about learning

but are we ?

we are conceeding exactly the same goal at least once per match - a needlessly given away set piece which then falls invariably to an opposition player totally unmarked resulting in a goal

see TBH coming in for some stick but to say he headed the ball straight to Weir is a bit much

Overall thought Dunnie had a shocker along with Richards and although I think we should keep both definitely not first choice for me

JOGAMIGMOG said:
from what I saw:

Given 5 Richards 4 Dunne 4 Ben Haim 3 Toure 7 Bridge 3 Petrov 7 Robinho 4 Weiss 8 Zabaleta 5 Ireland 7 Bellamy 5 Etuhu 8 Adebayor 6

Have I missed anyone? All in all pretty poor but lots of positives: Petrov, Weiss, Etuhu all excellent. Toure very good Superman super. The rest, wank.

Luckily we already have players to fill the gaps - apart from Lescott (who we nearly have)

Quite telling that you missed De Jong, cus he was completely invisible imo, and does the back 4 no favours at all.

Rammyblues said:
Three concerns

1) Dunne
2) Ben Haim
3) Etuhu

I hope we play team likely to start against Blackburn because if any of above are present it ain't going to be pretty.

ben haim is always a concern but i thought dunne and toure looked good together my main concerns were both fullbacks got cought out far 2 much barry and dejong were quality and saved bridge an micah alot and ade needs tevez behind him and to work up front more instead off droppin deep to work

How much did your team cost again? <- Thats a text I just received off a Rangers fan at work. Fucking great. Gonna have to cope with that twat tomorrow as well as the usual tossers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.