Official Summer 2014 Transfer Update Thread

ello_jo said:
This is what I would like to happen, if we are to let toure go of course.
Buy Mangala/ Benatia, Alexis sanchez, pogba/matuidi/Vidal.
Use toure in swap for Alexis Sanchez.
Sell negredo to athletico.

Probably unrealistic but I think it would be ideal, can see us playing a 433 next year, 2 holding silva in front and one striker up top.

If we are going to 433, then we would need someone like Kroos. Something like:
-----------Hart--------
Zaba---Komps---New CB----Kolarov
---------------Fernando------------------
------Kroos----------Fernandinho-----
Sanchez--------------------------Silva
---------------Aguero--------------------

bluechampion7891 said:
ello_jo said:

Probably unrealistic but I think it would be ideal, can see us playing a 433 next year, 2 holding silva in front and one striker up top.

-----------Hart--------

Kroos would keep possession as good as Toure but he won't offer the number of goals or assists that a Vidal or a Pogba would do.

I would take the goals and assists over possession personally as I think quick direct football is back in fashion with possession on it's way out.

sam-caddick said:
bluechampion7891 said:
ello_jo said:

-----------Hart--------

Kroos would keep possession as good as Toure but he won't offer the number of goals or assists that a Vidal or a Pogba would do.

I would take the goals and assists over possession personally as I think quick direct football is back in fashion with possession on it's way out.

In that formation we have Kun, Sanchez and Fernandinho for that. yaya's goal output can be made up by Sanchez and a freed up Fernandinho. Also, since we would presumable still have Nasri and Jovetic, I can see a lot of rotation on the wings.

Honestly though, I think we might be able to get by a two man midfield in most games.

sam-caddick said:
bluechampion7891 said:
ello_jo said:

-----------Hart--------

I would take the goals and assists over possession personally as I think quick direct football is back in fashion with possession on it's way out.[/quote]

Vidal and Pogba play with a dictator behind them.

Although I generally agree with your point, City never had Barcelona'esque possession stats this year. In fact, in the Spurs and Rags home games we had less possession. But what we had was an element of control, which I believe is important for a top team. Having two box to box midfielders behind a front 4 should work in theory, but I still believe that for balance someone who can create from deep, control games and dictate tempo is necessary

For those who think we should look at Ochoa for the GK spot, it's unlikely he will leave France because he's close to obtaining citizenship.

French-ManchesterCity said:
Hello I'm a french guy and i'm new on this forum. I support Manchester City since long time and I can tell you that Mangala is a very great player specially in the physical fight. To my mind I think that could be a good transfer for the team. With Kompany it will be a really great defense and complementary.
ps : Sorry for my english I try to improve

Dont worry about your English you will be fine here. And welcome to the site. That French side has some good players. Like the forward who came on for Giroud tonight looks to have something about him cant think of his name.

leighton said:
French-ManchesterCity said:
Hello I'm a french guy and i'm new on this forum. I support Manchester City since long time and I can tell you that Mangala is a very great player specially in the physical fight. To my mind I think that could be a good transfer for the team. With Kompany it will be a really great defense and complementary.
ps : Sorry for my english I try to improve

Dont worry about your English you will be fine here. And welcome to the site. That French side has some good players. Like the forward who came on for Giroud tonight looks to have something about him cant think of his name.

Griezmann

bluechampion7891 said:
ello_jo said:

-----------Hart--------

Not possible with our transfer cap. Porto want €40m for Mangala, Roma want €50m for Benatia, maybe they take a little less but even so that would use up what's left of the transfer cap. Pogba or Vidal would cost £50m which would put us well over the transfer cap.

Looks like Kroos has all but finalized going to Real Madrid.

I personally think if Toure stays, we should look into wingers.

We have no direct attacking midfielders/wingers like Robben, Hazard, Bale etc.

Sell Negredo we have plenty of strikers and invest in wide men who can cut in and shoot! Why not sign Di Maria or even the young gun Memphis Depay. We have enough playmakers in our midfield..

Valbuena is apparently available for 8mil a steal at that price I know he is near 30 but we could get a few year of him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.