Official Tactic Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tactics vs Spurs - A tribute to Mancini

Chick Counterfly said:
Mancio said:
since when ?

It's supposed to be ironic.

We're 'the best in the world' in the same way that the Americans are 'the best in the world' at Baseball.

ooppsss forgive me

anyway i was just joking coz i think football is a fact of cycles and there really isnt a best nation

Not sure if it has been mentioned but it was highlighted on MOTD about how Silva and Nasri both busted a gut to get back in a way remniscent of Barcelona, who seem to often have 10 attackers and 10 defenders on the pitch at the same time. If that work ethic continues to spread around the team, we'll soon be pressing for every ball and demanding possession. Forza Mancini.

Chick Counterfly said:
The real test will be when we face a strong, well balanced midfield. ....

....To me, this is why England will never, ever win 'A Major Tournament'. We're the best in the world, but we've grown up playing a different sport. Change the refereeing and you'd change the players we produce, the mindset, tactical and technical ability. But there's zero danger of that happening whilst the Premier League provides such exhilaration.

But, those Points deserve 20 pages of talk. Nd you're right. We will get a better picture when we play against a stronger defending Team, especially against teams who are aving higher international class Players at the D6.

I belive England has lost the Football identity. I m bosnian, so i don t really get everything bout, but it looks like the FA treated their young Players like you-all-are-same-worth. Not with structure at character skills. Thats a big mistake. England must know how to separate the Characters at their Youth Teams, Players must get that Clear. The Leaders must be theart like Leaders. Free Ghosts? (creativity role players) must be let do their thing. Allround Workers must also get their benefit nd must act like team players. England must put their Youth Teams Players in Categories with character skills.

Spain discovered that mistake. They was allways playing wonderful Football but never won anything. So they changed their Minds. Carlos puyol would never play in the old Spain squad, in the new way of thinking he is their Leader.

LoveCity said:
Not sure if it has been mentioned but it was highlighted on MOTD about how Silva and Nasri both busted a gut to get back in a way remniscent of Barcelona, who seem to often have 10 attackers and 10 defenders on the pitch at the same time. If that work ethic continues to spread around the team, we'll soon be pressing for every ball and demanding possession. Forza Mancini.

That s called "Striking Pressing" nd was implented by Rinus Michaels in the early 70s with Rotterdam. I ave read alot bout it, so i would now say we ave the right Players now for it. Tevez must be saved for this. At this Moment Dzeko is putting to much worth at the Team but sometime we will ave to think bout Tevez at this Point. Depends who is the other Team, if you play against a team who have highly skilled technicans at both CB position you must allways beware of an opening pass. I see Tevez here better, even tho Dzeko has improved realy much - see the 5-1.

-- Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:11 pm --

BlueHubert said:
By deep 6 are you referring to the back 4 plus 2 holding midfielders? Never heard it before and knowing what it means would help my understanding.

Nice article and illustrations.

Thank you bud. I don t really understand what do you mean, where did you was thinking bout the deep 6? My english is poor, but i know when i talk bout bout the defending midfield i call them double Six - Yaya nd Gareth.

hertsblue said:
What i noticed also was when Spurs got back to 4-1 and had Defoe on, he was causing us some trouble and getting a few shots in from range and mancini took off Aguero and put Savic on and you didnt see Defoe for the rest of the game after that. Abit similar to last year when we were getting overun at home to them and he put Viera on and got us the foothold in the game.

On the weekend quite a few posts were "we should have done a Utd and gone for 6-7" but fair play to the Spurs players, they didnt exactly lie down despite getting a beating and making this change kept the score at 4-1 and we even scored the 5th.

That s 1oo% correct.
I focused myself on the cracking tactics at the start. There was too many little changes in the 2nd Half, by Harry R. also. Bobby took Sergio out because of his work rate. Barry moved a line up nd was everywhere to fil the space.

john@staustell said:
I saw one article saying journalists were scratching their heads with 4222 etc, but they should just watch the sublim movement.

I still say Bobby's basic tactics are always the same, it's just we have much better players doing it now. Therefore the pressure transfers to the other end, whereas previously this only happened against the not-so-good teams.

Can t agree with you bud. There is deeper story behind it. Sure thing, Players define their Position invidually, but there is gameplan behind. It was clear. The biggest difference you can seen on the second photo with Nasri nd Aguero.

UUBlue said:
Good assessment and great graphics. Have you applied to go on Match of the Day?

hahahahahhaha quality! No bud, tho i was thinking bout ESPN. bluefromleve32 is complaing i m not getting laid enough.. so , Rebecca Lowe is there.... :]

Thanks everyone for the feedback!!

For those wondering what the double 6 means, i read it in 442 just the other day.

It is a phrase/formation that is common in germany i think, known as the doppelsechs ('double six' in german).

It assumes that the holding midfielder is traditionally given the number 6 shirt, in the same way that strikers are given 9 and 10, right mid 7, left mid 11 etc.

The 'double six' simply means that there are 2 players performing this holding role, as if there are 2 players who should be wearing the number 6 shirt.

It doesnt refer to the back 4 plus 2 central midfielders

mansour's tow ropes said:
For those wondering what the double 6 means, i read it in 442 just the other day.

It is a phrase/formation that is common in germany i think, known as the doppelsechs ('double six' in german).

It assumes that the holding midfielder is traditionally given the number 6 shirt, in the same way that strikers are given 9 and 10, right mid 7, left mid 11 etc.

The 'double six' simply means that there are 2 players performing this holding role, as if there are 2 players who should be wearing the number 6 shirt.

It doesnt refer to the back 4 plus 2 central midfielders

Thanks, today i learned.

It's what Brazil often plays. A square midfield formation.

Very good at possession. Only requires skillful players, which we now have enough.

The formation does look like a sword. Here comes the samurai!

please don't analyze our team, leave that to other managers to decipher.

If you want to be of any use prepare your analysis on out next opponents

sorry if this seems like a rant but you have to consider the benefit of this to our opposition :)

MadchesterCity said:
please don't analyze our team, leave that to other managers to decipher.

If you want to be of any use prepare your analysis on out next opponents

sorry if this seems like a rant but you have to consider the benefit of this to our opposition :)

Oh come on, do you no think each team has their own professionals who do this for every match?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.