Official: The Atmosphere Was '****' tonight.

I remember a game..Juventus vs Ajax, CL-group game and rather vital..attendance 7000 (7k).
Asked an Italian I know about it and he shrugged and said that Juve fans hardly bother with group games.

City fans and cup games are similar, we turn up at QF or better.

It was always going to be a small, subdued crowd tonight. A combination of a big game at home only 3 days ago, no alcohol, a fairly meaningless game and not many away fans. Wouldn't read too much into it.

SWSB said:
the atmosphere was worse than that.These early Europa games always seem the same.TNS,Lokeren etc.European nights years ago in the late 70's were brilliant.Standard Leige,AC Milan,Juventus,Borussia etc.And 23,000?! Timisora got more than us! (24,000) Pointless games these are.

The tickets have to be cheaper otherwise we will continue to get low crowds,the top brass must know that so please slash the ticket prices and get it full!!!

I don't why i expect it to change each home game... it never does.

47k there Monday, 23k there today. No excuse for that big of a drop. When people can't make the 'big' away trips then threads like this can be pointed at to show why.

Even if the match is meaningless or unattractive, it was £15. Liverpool was £50 wasnt it?

AlexOC said:
LoveCity said:
TBH, I was kind of glad it wasn't on ITV as it would have been embarrassing on national TV with such a silent and empty crowd on display. The club needs to maybe do more to encourage people to go to these "nothing" games, maybe giveaways or free companion for ST holder?

Free pint with every ticket.

Good idea but uefa rules say no alcohol in the ground but when you go on away trips this does not apply. Can anyone explain this ?

Re: Official: The Atmosphere Was 'Shit' tonight.

sput the wonder pig said:
i did go tonight...
but we just dont do cup crowds.... i dont know what it is.... maybe coz weve been crap in the cups for so so so long...

even villa got 30 k tonight but only get 34-35 for league matches..

its a strange one thats for sure
Correct, if we get to the quarter/semi final like Hamburg then I think we would definitely sell out this year considering our chances with our bananas of course.

But yeah, this is one of the problems with the Europa League, poor opposition who we have never heard of whom against the big teams just build a mini great wall of China in their own half.

No one really wants to see that football, never mind pay to see it... Like someone said earlier, this game was meaningless to the board hence none of them was there.

Source: The truth

Right I'm with the OP here 110% but I don't think you can lay the blame at the club on this one.

Just wot the f*ck is up with our support ? we think its fair game to slag the players when they don't show up or perform so its time to take a long hard look in the mirror.

I SING at EVERY game irrespective, usually on my own because I don't happen to want to go in the singing section as I don't like watching the game behind the goal.

Why do we lack passion for the team and why don't fans turn up for cup games ? Relative to average crowds and season ticket holders we must have the worst % drop in crowd than any other team.

Why don't City fans turn out for the early cup games and lesser opposition?

Don't give me the ticket prices blah blah blah as the tickets are considerably cheaper for this type of game than a Liverpool game for example and yet we seem able to sell out then !!!! IT really does make you wonder just who the f*ck people are paying to see City or the opposition !!??

I had one guy today pinching his nose between his eyes and I 'jokingly' asked him if my singing was giving him a headache and he replied 'yes' WTF !!! I didn't even see him clap once through the whole game. Unbelievable ! Not sure whether he should be applauded for at least going but I had to question why he even bothered just to sit motionless on his ar*e all game

It's a f*ckin embarrassment. If you didn't go then you're an embarrassment to the club, if you don't sing when you go then you're an embarrassment. HOW DO YOU EXPECT THE PLAYERS TO CARE WHEN THE FANS CLEARLY DON'T.

I don't want to see us having a great side without the fans to match. When I go to the game I know I'm representing MY Club and I'm a representation of what being a blue stands for and therefore I go with the attitude that I'm going to sing and make some noise because I KNOW that can only help the team perform better. That therefore means I will enjoy the game and performance more. It's a virtuous circle.

COME ON BLUES THIS APATHY IN THE FACE OF THE AMAZING CHANGES WE ARE SEEING IS A DISGRACE. ITS TIME FOR US ALL TO STAND UP AND BE COUNTED

If the above doesn't matter to you then City's just not that important to you which is fair enough but think twice about the hypocrisy you are demonstrating when you come on here and criticise the players, management and board.

pride in battle said:
SWSB said:
the atmosphere was worse than that.These early Europa games always seem the same.TNS,Lokeren etc.European nights years ago in the late 70's were brilliant.Standard Leige,AC Milan,Juventus,Borussia etc.And 23,000?! Timisora got more than us! (24,000) Pointless games these are.

The tickets have to be cheaper otherwise we will continue to get low crowds,the top brass must know that so please slash the ticket prices and get it full!!!

well the tickets were £10 at first,then £15.It was dearer to watch Macc v Port Vale,£16 for away fans on an open terrace about 2 yrs ago.Luckily I got in for nowt as my mate was assistant ref. I dont know how low the club can go with their prices before fans will decide to go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.