Official Villa post match reaction thread. {merged - trial}

Re: A worrying trend

cleavers said:
gooney said:
I thought you guys were unlucky today, it was just one of those days where the ball just wouldnt go in....no need to over analyse this one

Funnily enough I thought we looked like you do when you can't score, pretty, and pretty toothless.

think you're spot on, cleavers. This was definitely an Arsenal-like game, though we definitely weren't as fluid as they usually are. Our problem is we only have one gear.

Re: Nothing wrong

I agree as well. Yes our build up at times was a bit laboured but apart from that I didn't see a lot wrong. We are going to get beat from time to time.

Re: We Lost

simon23 said:
didnt deserve to win but didnt deserve to lose either

too many players just underperformed today.......besides kompany dejong kolorov AJ and kolo the rest just werent at it at all....

dzeko - just needs time but he was well off the pace today
tev - didnt have many chances but lhis touch wasnt the best
barry - worst game for a while
yaya - again just didnt get much right toady
silva - looked rusty from his injury lay off

think its a one off - a glitch.

villa were pretty ordinary and parked the bus once they got the goal....and that is when we seem to struggle....we seem to have no plan b and it took too long for us to change our approach and get aj out wide instead of everything going through the middle
Think you are right, a one off. How many time's have you seen United lose to the likes of Burnley? It's just football

Re: We Lost

All of our big players were just off the pace. Little chance of winning when that happens.

gooney said:
I thought you guys were unlucky today, it was just one of those days where the ball just wouldnt go in....no need to over analyse this one

I completely agree with this statement, far too much over-analysis.

I thought we were good for a draw, it just simply wasn't our day...

Re: Plan B please mr Mancini?

just one of those days today

we have to keep our eyes on the main goal - champs league place

then we push on from there

anything higher than 4th is just a bonus and at least spuds only drew so not too much damage done

K.Reeves right foot said:
From watching it, there was only 1 chance that nearly went in, apart from that we were only creating half chances because the formation wasn't changed to overcome the problem Villa posed.

The only problem that Villa caused for most of the game was the broken down bus in front of their goal. Fair play to them they defended very well, but they caused us no problem after the first 15 minutes.

Too many passes, too slowly, and no penetration.

I'm not worried a defeat has been coming, and now we've had one I'm sure it will be sorted out. I thought Dzeko and Kolorov looked good, De Jong and Kompany were decent, the rest weren't as good as they can be.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.