Official Villa post match reaction thread. {merged - trial}

Re: 500+ passes not one clear shot

Tevez scores from Kolorov's corner 1-1
Kompany scores from Kolorovs corner 2-1
De Jong scores instead of hitting the post 3-1

On another day we could of dominated the game with 500 passes which we did, created 25 chances which we did, and won 3-1 and everyone would say how great we were like at West Ham and Fulham.

Today wasn't our day.

Re: Dzeko & Barry Today

We should never give Gaz Baz teh BM player of the month award. Its a curse. He was playing so well. Just seems to be really ineffective at the moment.

Dzejko showed some quality touches and linking-up today. I can't wait to see him firing on all cylinders.

Re: A worrying trend

K.Reeves right foot said:
Bad result, and I can take losing [it happens to the best teams] but some things worried me today:
1. NO leader on the pitch driving the team forward when we were struggling - we looked a bunch of expensive strangers
2. TEVEZ has to learn he can't always score, when he's not in a position to score and team mates are in space he should pass but doesn't.

This is the worrying bit:
3. Mancini did not address where we were going wrong. Super worrying. We could all see we needed width yet Johnson was inside too much while the 2 occasions he got on the outside he looked dangerous and isn't that the point of bringing in Dzeko? He was shifted out to the left when he should have been told to remain central and the full backs or Johnson told to get crosses in at pace.
4. Complete lack of urgency as a team. The players seemed half asleep. I'll forgive Silva, it was his worst performance, he looked like a zombie out there but collectively they were asleep and obviously Mancini didn't affect them at half time.
5. Movement up front was non-existent.
6. Against a poor but highly motivated Villa we couldn't find a solution - that is very worrying as it's become a trend that Mancini hasn't adressed in his time at City.

BUT
Kolarov was fantastic today. The true Kolarov and our only decent player.

Mancini needs to adress these shortcomings as it is THOSE points above which make the difference between 3rd/ 2nd or 1st NOT just buying another striker and throwing him in.

NOt saying Mancini out, i've warmed to him since my Birminngham rant but there is still something about him which makes me think he won't deliver when we really need it, when the pressure is really on, that extra 5% of managerial expertise that unfortunatly TW*T HEAD over in Stretford has.

I fully agree, just one more point:
Where was Silva, and why wasn't the lack of any creativity (presumably expected from him) mended? Everyone can have an off day, including Silva (although I've never seen him "this absent" and am still puzzled by it), but the real problem is when nothing is done about it, as you rightly say above. Even bringing in Milner and taking Silva out, giving it a shot, would have been better (or less bad) than this...

Re: 500+ passes not one clear shot

birchwoodgingerste said:
mancitydreamteam said:
This needs addressing, were trying to walk it in everytime. frustrating to watch because its so predictable. Toure needs to sort it out. he kept chesting the ball and then trying to run with it, leading to villa winning the ball back and running into the space which toure left open. Still, long way to go

ffs you sound like chris waddle not our day de jongs shot was going in and they just sat deep. when johnson came on we had a threat from out wide.still think we need creative midfelder though

He did my fucking nut in today Waddle. I know the deficiencies within our performance but it was like he was on repeat.

Re: Dzeko & Barry Today

Agreed about Barry, he always shite when face those Villa fans. He's been blackmailed or something?

Re: Plan B please mr Mancini?

smeeagain said:
i dont even like plan A
i reckon the players are good enough, its the poor tactics, too much backwards,sideways
not enough forward passing,not enough speed.
the top teams dominate and penetrate ,but this manager is happy to be patient and not concede
but when we do concede the op is correct there is no plan B

This.

We do seem to always take a cautious approach to the game, every game we take time to settle... and sometimes we have already conceeded a goal before we do start to gain control of the game. We have the players and the funds to go out and play a very attacking minded game of football... just like Arsenal and Man Utd do, they even go out to score against the big teams. We had Bellamy who was on cracking form, often bombing down that wing and causing all sorts of problems to the opposition.... yet we shafted him out on loan to Cardiff? I fear the same will happen to some players come the summer transfer window... too many changes made to the squad and then we hear another excuse that "They need more time to gel".

Its all well boasting about our passing game... but watching it today, they simply said go ahead and knock it about between yourselves. They had 11 men behind the ball and we still continued to knock it between the back four

Re: Plan B please mr Mancini?

Joga Bonito said:
LOL at the guys moaning about the tactics. A team of our calibre cannot lose to Aston Villa under any circumstances. Perhaps if we played one forward or something I could see what you're getting at, but we put out the best team I have ever seen on paper and could not perform.
That MUST have been the first time they've all played as one team too. Still, let the kicking commence.

Re: A worrying trend

K.Reeves right foot said:
Bad result, and I can take losing [it happens to the best teams] but some things worried me today:
1. NO leader on the pitch driving the team forward when we were struggling - we looked a bunch of expensive strangers
2. TEVEZ has to learn he can't always score, when he's not in a position to score and team mates are in space he should pass but doesn't.

This is the worrying bit:
3. Mancini did not address where we were going wrong. Super worrying. We could all see we needed width yet Johnson was inside too much while the 2 occasions he got on the outside he looked dangerous and isn't that the point of bringing in Dzeko? He was shifted out to the left when he should have been told to remain central and the full backs or Johnson told to get crosses in at pace.
4. Complete lack of urgency as a team. The players seemed half asleep. I'll forgive Silva, it was his worst performance, he looked like a zombie out there but collectively they were asleep and obviously Mancini didn't affect them at half time.
5. Movement up front was non-existent.
6. Against a poor but highly motivated Villa we couldn't find a solution - that is very worrying as it's become a trend that Mancini hasn't adressed in his time at City.

BUT
Kolarov was fantastic today. The true Kolarov and our only decent player.

Mancini needs to adress these shortcomings as it is THOSE points above which make the difference between 3rd/ 2nd or 1st NOT just buying another striker and throwing him in.

NOt saying Mancini out, i've warmed to him since my Birminngham rant but there is still something about him which makes me think he won't deliver when we really need it, when the pressure is really on, that extra 5% of managerial expertise that unfortunatly TW*T HEAD over in Stretford has.

I agree.spot on with that account.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.