Official Villa post match reaction thread. {merged - trial}

Re: We Lost

what a gay performance... by villa

that was no footie, I only saw 1 tool, 2 walls and a goalie, pathetic to watch

they can have the win, I rather kill myself then be happy with that kind of 3 points, fuking gay tactic

Dzeko & Barry Today

Dzeko is absolutely superb, holds the ball up better than tevez imo, left the defenders for dead at times.

first touch, control and awareness is just class, gonna be a really big player for us.

Barry - i didn't wanna barry playing today, today showed why, we've learnt a lesson today, never ever play barry at villa park, bottled it just like last season, he was shocking.

wouldn't play him at Brum either, he was exactly the same there, quality player but shouldn't feature in either brum or villa away, waste of a player on the pitch tonight, was like playing with 10 men.

Re: Plan B please mr Mancini?

simon23 said:
just one of those days today

we have to keep our eyes on the main goal - champs league place

then we push on from there

anything higher than 4th is just a bonus and at least spuds only drew so not too much damage done
Agreed. We are on the cusp. Appreciate how we are faring now compared to years gone by.

smeeagain said:
i dont even like plan A
i reckon the players are good enough, its the poor tactics, too much backwards,sideways
not enough forward passing,not enough speed.
the top teams dominate and penetrate ,but this manager is happy to be patient and not concede
but when we do concede the op is correct there is no plan B
I thought this first few months of the season. We're getting a real squad of talent here and it isn't just a case of sticking 11 players on the pitch. It aint Ardwick Pitts or owt. Next year and after we'll see what we are all about.

Re: We Lost

simon23 said:
didnt deserve to win but didnt deserve to lose either
Yeah, we're a project. So, you feel good about Koralov's upward trend over his last 3 games. You feel good about Boateng FINALLY looking pretty decent in a game. You feel good because you KNOW Silva can play 3 times that well. You feel good because Mancini might finally see a City team overall good enough to only start 2 CDMs instead of 3, even on the road. You feel good because Dzeko played fine, but there's still room for gelling and fitness after the layoff. You feel good because it should be obvious to Mancini now that Kompany needs a peer beside him at center-half instead of a Chinese fire drill.

Re: Dzeko & Barry Today

I'd like to see us try De Jong, Yaya and Silva at the tip of a central midfield 3 more regularly. I rate Barry, but he isn't the type of player we need when teams park the bus. We lack the creativity to break them down.

Re: Nothing wrong

Stats lovers will say we had 25 shots, roughly the same as v blackburn at home and Birmingham at home.......End result one goal in 3 games.

When teams park the bus after they score, which they are entitled to do, then we struggle to move that bus.

How many really good chances did we create?

Tempo was only good in last 15 minutes.

we look good in possession but thats not the only way to win matches.

Re: A worrying trend

Two things today to complain about joe making a complete horlicks for the goal and carlos must realise when other players are in a better position he has to pass,but i aint going overboard because he has been immense this season.
You always need a bit of luck in games like that and it wasn't forthcoming,in a title chase you need plenty of it so hopefully we will get some at a later date.

Re: Plan B please mr Mancini?

planb.jpg

Plan B

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.