Offside judgement (Laporte v Wolves)

The thing is with these judgements, for several reasons they can't possibly be accurate. They zoom right in on the player and then draw the dotted lines down from their shoulder/arm wherever they decide for that particular instance. If they then zoom back out and make the player his actual size but also at the same time increase the size of those dotted lines by the same ratio they'll probably be about 10 inches wide! Meaning that one side of the line will be offside but the other edge will be on!

I wouldn't consider that as the armpit mate, that's the medial deltoid, the armpit is underneath, but therein lies the silliness of this whole thing, what's considered the bottom of the armpit ? the part closest to the body (which is fixed) ? the part that runs down the arm (which isn't) ? and can thereby give differing calls, fookin madness really.
Have you actually looked at the two cartoon graphics that shows what is and what isn’t considered part of the arm produced by IFAB and the PL?

This isn't vars fault it is the bent officials who interpret the pictures and until they have to give reasons in public for their decisions this will continue.

This is hillarious. We are talking about offside rule and you insist giving the handball rule.

OK i'm done with this. I gave the official offside rule that says ARMS DO NOT COUNT and you gave your personal opinion and the handball rule.
I hope people realised what is going on....
Oh my god, you’re fucking stupid.

You’re literally mouth breathingly, window lickingly stupid.

As explained in the two links I posted for you, for the purposes of handball (and offside), the upper arm is CONSIDERED PART OF THE BODY.

I’ve realised what’s going on, you’re not smart. You think you’ve discovered some amazing truth and you are the sole arbiter of this truth and that you suddenly know better than IFAB and the PL and that all season every game has been erroneously officiated rather than the simple fact that you don’t understand the law and it’s interpretation.

From IFAB, the part in GREEN IS NOT CONSIDERED PART OF THE FUCKING ARM
78D82BC9-1C6D-47BA-AC60-0BB855CC17D2.jpeg

As ESPN explain for people that aren’t able to work it out for themselves (ie you):

However, a knock-on effect is that the attacker's body is now extended for offside decisions. So while this fixes part of the problem, it's created a new one. Additional goals will disallowed when a player is running or leaning with the arm extended.”

Imagine not knowing that things discounted for offside are only things you can’t score with (hands and arms) then when presented with a graphic showing what is and what isn’t handball, not understanding how that effects what can and can’t be given for offside. I’m actually embarrassed for you.

Last edited:
I had a thought when they were drawing the lines. The defensive line and the attacking line should be measured by 2 different people who don't get to see where the other line has been placed.I say this because they line the deepest defender up first then move on to the attacker.

When they were deciding where Laporte's sleeve was they initially had him onside only for them to move it one more pixel along which then made him offside. I don't like that the same person does this measurement and is able to see the defensive line as he is measuring the attackers furthest point. Too much power (manipulation) in that one persons hands.

FWIW..the camera angles are taken from way above head height. The lines drawn are incorrect as his foot impedes beyond the yellow line . The vertical line should be in line with the yellow line which it isnt.I am no expert but actually trying to make a decision from the pictures they see is futile.
The bottom line, (joke), is that unless you actually can have camera angles that are actually at head height,in line with the players, it is all supposition. Making a judgement is spurious at best. OK we won, but say this was a relegation battle and that cost a club a fortune by being relegated, if I were a CEO I would seriously question the accuracy. I do not understand why they can not have cameras that can give a better perspective other than the fact that a player may accidentally hit one, or their presence somehow impedes supporter visibility. If that is a factor, then I am afraid this system is too inaccurate to be fair and needs to be challenged.
The angles are fine as each stadium and pitch is full calibrated. The system puts it into 3D space, you’re confusing a 2D view of that:

I don’t remember a twenty page thread singing the praises of VAR when Cancelo’s excellent goal at West Brom was correctly reinstated after the assistant flagged for offside. Even in the game last night Jesus had his goal correctly reinstated thanks to VAR. Laporte was flagged offside so VAR cost us nothing.

I don't get this logic, of your last point, and one or two others have made this point too.

So because the linesman flagged it, and VAR didn't overturn it, nothing lost? Erm, no. VAR is ther to check and correct errors. So if a ref doesnt call a pen, VAR reviews and it is clear it Should have been a pen, but doesn't give it anyway, no harm done, we weren't going to get it anyway, all it did was Prove the initial decision was wrong!

I can understand you or others trying to argue that it was a correct decision, i.e it Was offside, lines are in the right place etc. It is totally wrong of course, the lines were selctively pushed to the nearest pixel that has it offside, but at least itbis a valid stance.

However the stance of 'no harm done, because it was already flagged off so Seeing it wrong doesn't change anything' is just simply nonsense, i'm sorry.

As is the sweeping bullshit generalization of 'people just want to be offended by VAR'. I know you didn't say that yourself, i'm just appending it to my rant, that can fuck right off. I can call that decision wrong as i see it, without having a victim conplex as suggested.

Just had another look at the offside decision and it just basic corruption from PGMOL , they new if we went in at half time 2-0 up the game was over as a contest , and that was their only condsieration. VAR is a total waste of time it is still down to a human being making a mistake or being dishonest , they have just shifted the blame from the officials in the stadium to a couple of bent clowns 200 miles away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.