Oh dear, I think someone is upset!!

I am still unsure if I have just imagined it, but on the news just now on the radio (Planet Rock) they have just said Porto have complained about the abuse City fans targeted Hulk with......no, not even the 'You fat bastard' one, but the 'Your'e not invincible' one....WTF?!!

Gaudino said:
I am still unsure if I have just imagined it, but on the news just now on the radio (Planet Rock) they have just said Porto have complained about the abuse City fans targeted Hulk with......no, not even the 'You fat bastard' one, but the 'Your'e not invincible' one....WTF?!!
I wouldn't be concerned about that, their favorite quote is «If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it.» This is how they face defeat, getting excuses and creating ghosts and false enemies to stay together.

Maybe they should take their coach to the ophthalmologist as well.

Gaudino said:

Just read this on the Times website. So small minded, tit for tat because we complained about racism.

Porto are considering a complaint to Uefa against Manchester City supporters after they taunted Hulk with chants of “You’re Not Incredible” during their Europa League tie last night.
The Brazil striker was also called a cheat by City fans during the round-of-32, second-leg tie at the Eithad Stadium that City won 4-0 and Rui Cerqueira, the Porto communications director, said that the club would take action about the “improper behaviour”.
The club’s plans to complain come a week after City filed a complaint to Uefa over alleged racist chanting by Porto’s fans towards Mario Balotelli and Yaya Toure at the Estadio do Dragao.
Cerqueira told the Portuguese press that one of the Porto coaches had heard the chants. “We will take this to Uefa,” he said. “It is improper behaviour. This behaviour may be normal in England but Porto want to contribute to eradicating it from sport.”
Uefa charged Porto on Tuesday and a disciplinary hearing will be held on March 29. Porto have denied racism, claiming the chants were both sets of supporters chanting in support of Hulk and Sergio “Kun” Aguero. “Kun, Kun, Kun; Hulk, Hulk, Hulk - those chants can be easily confused with racist chants,” Cerqueira said last week. “We are very proud of having a multi-racial team, with players from all backgrounds and to have achieved many titles with respect.
“Porto players have never felt the slightest hint of racism and we were very surprised with the accusations.”
Ueaf said this morning that they had yet to receive any complaint from Porto.

I can see what he meant, the 4-0 flattered us a bit. They controlled the game for large parts with us playing on the counter but thats what Mancini expected and set us up perfectly. Our defending was magnificent but it had to be because they were looking very dangerous. If their forwards had anticipated the brilliant crosses from Hulk it could have been a different story. If you disagree I ask you one thing Were you sitting comfortably during most of the first half and first part of second ?

citymad said:
I can see what he meant, the 4-0 flattered us a bit. They controlled the game for large parts with us playing on the counter but thats what Mancini expected and set us up perfectly. Our defending was magnificent but it had to be because they were looking very dangerous. If their forwards had anticipated the brilliant crosses from Hulk it could have been a different story. If you disagree I ask you one thing Were you sitting comfortably during most of the first half and first part of second ?
I have to say I sat comfortably for the entire game

bluelol said:
'Result is a lie; Manchester City did not deserve to win,' says Porto's Vitor Pereira
The Portuguese coach says that his team were in the driving seat for most of the game and that the Citizens did not even deserve to come out on top.

The Portuguese champions have been denied the chance to defend their title in the competition after a 6-1 aggregate defeat against City following Thursday's loss at the Etihad.

"I saw a Porto team with great quality," he told Sporttv. "Until it was it 2-0, Porto were in control.

"City, on the other hand, were trying to attack on the break, taking advantages of our mistakes.

"We played well, we had chances to score and we clearly deserved to make it 1-1, because we were the only side looking for the goal.

"The result is a lie. They scored four goals in a game in which we really felt we were close to scoring.

"After [Nicolas] Otamendi's injury and Rolando's sending off, we were no longer organised, they took advantage of it and scored two more goals.

"They thrashed us in a game which they not even deserved to win."

Porto will now turn their focus to the Portuguese Liga, in which they are two points behind Benfica in second, with a decisive match at the Estadio da Luz taking place next week.

"The league is still open and we will fight for that, with the support of our fans," Pereira added.

"I regret that we are out of the Europa League, but we said goodbye while playing quality football.

"The result does not reflect what happened on the pitch, even though we played against a dangerous team, who take advantage of the situations they create."

Erm we call that 'tactics' luv :) You had 69% of the possession but we controlled the game.

Our manager knew we could let you have possession but you wouldn't score. We call that 'defending properly'.

We had you in our pockets all night.<br /><br />-- Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:13 pm --<br /><br />
PJMCC1UK said:
Gaudino said:

Just read this on the Times website. So small minded, tit for tat because we complained about racism.

Porto are considering a complaint to Uefa against Manchester City supporters after they taunted Hulk with chants of “You’re Not Incredible” during their Europa League tie last night.
The Brazil striker was also called a cheat by City fans during the round-of-32, second-leg tie at the Eithad Stadium that City won 4-0 and Rui Cerqueira, the Porto communications director, said that the club would take action about the “improper behaviour”.
The club’s plans to complain come a week after City filed a complaint to Uefa over alleged racist chanting by Porto’s fans towards Mario Balotelli and Yaya Toure at the Estadio do Dragao.
Cerqueira told the Portuguese press that one of the Porto coaches had heard the chants. “We will take this to Uefa,” he said. “It is improper behaviour. This behaviour may be normal in England but Porto want to contribute to eradicating it from sport.”
Uefa charged Porto on Tuesday and a disciplinary hearing will be held on March 29. Porto have denied racism, claiming the chants were both sets of supporters chanting in support of Hulk and Sergio “Kun” Aguero. “Kun, Kun, Kun; Hulk, Hulk, Hulk - those chants can be easily confused with racist chants,” Cerqueira said last week. “We are very proud of having a multi-racial team, with players from all backgrounds and to have achieved many titles with respect.
“Porto players have never felt the slightest hint of racism and we were very surprised with the accusations.”
Ueaf said this morning that they had yet to receive any complaint from Porto.

This idiot can't be serious? we call that 'banter' you whingeing little ****. Dont ever come back to Manchester you sad little girl.

Porto are definitely sore losers - the complaint to UEFA has shown that.

But I see where their manager is coming from. I thought they were excellent yesterday. Had they got the goal their play deserved at the end of the first half we'd have been in for an incredibly nervy second half. I thought they were one of the best teams we've come up against this season and deserve plenty of credit for that.

BillyShears said:
Porto are definitely sore losers - the complaint to UEFA has shown that.

But I see where their manager is coming from. I thought they were excellent yesterday. Had they got the goal their play deserved at the end of the first half we'd have been in for an incredibly nervy second half. I thought they were one of the best teams we've come up against this season and deserve plenty of credit for that.

I see your point, they looked pretty on the ball at times.
Thing is though it's how we setup, a bit like "ok try us" and we reduced them mainly to long distance shots. They got a cross across a few times granted but we had better chances.

I think we deserved it far more from the great attacking to the stout disciplined defense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.