Oh Nooooooooo!!! Out of the Carling Cup

Can anybody tell me what goes on inside some of our fans heads? I'm really not arsed about losing tonight. Will any of the 11 that started be starting on Saturday? Probably not with the exception of Johnson, but I don't think he will. Are we expected to get anything off Chelsea? We possible are and right now I would honestly take a point. Then we can concentrate on the fixtures after that where we will be favourites and should build up a head of steam.

Some of our fans really are unbelievable. I'd hate to know them in person cause they may drag me down to their levels of depression and narrow mindedness.

city 'til i cry said:
Why would I be joking. At lot is made of 'resting' players, players find form and maintain form by playing. I'm not saying play the whole team that is going to start against Chelsea but against but against a team who made ten changes, play a stronger team then take then take them of for a rest when we are well ahead.

Almost every manager and player who plays in the modern game say that players need to rest. Granted occassionally you get someone like Jimmy Greaves saying how they played every day for 30 years without boots whilst smoking a cigar and having half a bitter shandy at half time but times have changed. Now I haven't played at the top level in the last 10 - 15 years, and I'm guessing that the rest of the forum haven't so I'd suggest that we accept modern methods as correct. If that means playing a team of kids (players who it's been suggested on here are good enough to start Premier League games) then so be it. Manicini knows what he's doing.

its always disappointing when we lose but we had a very weak team out and obviously the big man isnt bothered about the competition. full squads for league and uefa cup please.

dannybcity said:
city 'til i cry said:
Why would I be joking. At lot is made of 'resting' players, players find form and maintain form by playing. I'm not saying play the whole team that is going to start against Chelsea but against but against a team who made ten changes, play a stronger team then take then take them of for a rest when we are well ahead.

Almost every manager and player who plays in the modern game say that players need to rest. Granted occassionally you get someone like Jimmy Greaves saying how they played every day for 30 years without boots whilst smoking a cigar and having half a bitter shandy at half time but times have changed. Now I haven't played at the top level in the last 10 - 15 years, and I'm guessing that the rest of the forum haven't so I'd suggest that we accept modern methods as correct. If that means playing a team of kids (players who it's been suggested on here are good enough to start Premier League games) then so be it. Manicini knows what he's doing.

I think there is a confusion between resting a player and not wanting to risk a player. Therefore I understand not playing Tevez as he is our only fit striker of any note, that is the reason he hasn't played tonight. Johnson played little part on Sunday as did SWP, Silva came of early, one of those could have started.

I'm all for giving players time to recover but I think he got the balance a bit wrong tonight and thats a shame.

Failsworth_Blue said:
Pam said:
Can anyone tell me what the fuck was going on in Mancini's head re this? It's unacceptable.

Can you understand that Mancini has targets to meet this season which will have been given to him by the board? What you must understand is that more than likely the Carling Cup will not have been mentioned in the targets so Mancini has to do what he feels best to achieve the targets given to him and if that means resting players in a cup near enough every top club don't take that seriously then so be it especially when you consider our injury list. We have four extremely talented defenders who have cost a lot of money out injured at the moment ahead of crucial games in competitions which are much more important to the manager, players and the board and we couldn't afford an injury to any of our current first team defenders

Fair enough, I accept your point about Bobby having to hit specific targets but to do this he has to get the team playing well together. In my opinion the best way to achieve this is to play at least 7 of our first eleven whenever he can. Talk of injuries aside, we now have more strength in depth than most of our opposition. Only problem is that we have brought in so many new players, what they really need is match time together. The Carling cup was a great opportunity for us to play some fringe players while experimenting and tightening up the team tactics. Due to the poor team named tonight this opportunity is now gone. Worst of all, it means that players like Given have lost one of their main chances to get competitive games this season. The Carling cup would also have provided a good proofing ground for players like Johnno coming back from injury. On top of all that, what the fcuk is wrong with trying to win the Carling cup??

r.soleofsalford said:
Maccblue said:
Couldn't of put it clearer myself.

this^^^^^^^ mancini's just tossed off the very best chance of winning something this year. but hey, never mind, we`ll just leave it to the scum to mop up another trophy.

i couldn't describe how fucking livid i am.

its results like this that make us a laughing stock. i`ll keep my fingers crossed that we beat chelsea

Mancio was livid too judging from the SSN feed at the end. Me as well, I will never listen to those two bipolars on GMR again.

I would think everyone agrees 4th spot is the absolute priority this year but why is europa league treated far more seriously by us than carling cup?
We had a real good chance of winning carling cup, surely this would have gained us more respect than a decent run in europa league.
Lets be honest we probably not really good enough to win this tournament anyway.

savo said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
Can you understand that Mancini has targets to meet this season which will have been given to him by the board? What you must understand is that more than likely the Carling Cup will not have been mentioned in the targets so Mancini has to do what he feels best to achieve the targets given to him and if that means resting players in a cup near enough every top club don't take that seriously then so be it especially when you consider our injury list. We have four extremely talented defenders who have cost a lot of money out injured at the moment ahead of crucial games in competitions which are much more important to the manager, players and the board and we couldn't afford an injury to any of our current first team defenders

Fair enough, I accept your point about Bobby having to hit specific targets but to do this he has to get the team playing well together. In my opinion the best way to achieve this is to play at least 7 of our first eleven whenever he can. Talk of injuries aside, we now have more strength in depth than most of our opposition. Only problem is that we have brought in so many new players, what they really need is match time together. The Carling cup was a great opportunity for us to play some fringe players while experimenting and tightening up the team tactics. Due to the poor team named tonight this opportunity is now gone. Worst of all, it means that players like Given have lost one of their main chances to get competitive games this season. The Carling cup would also have provided a good proofing ground for players like Johnno coming back from injury. On top of all that, what the fcuk is wrong with trying to win the Carling cup??

You can't really ignore the injuries though can you? We had Kolarov, Boateng, Adebayor, Lescott, Bridge, Balotelli and by all accounts SWP out injured tonight. That means we only had 4 first team defenders and only one striker who i would say was good enough fit so i think it's fair enough for Mancini to rest them 5 plus Hart as we couldn't really afford an injury to any of those players. They will now be fresh and raring to go come Saturday lunch time which IMO and obviously in the managers will give us a better chance of getting a result

jeffmr2 said:
I would think everyone agrees 4th spot is the absolute priority this year but why is europa league treated far more seriously by us than carling cup?
We had a real good chance of winning carling cup, surely this would have gained us more respect than a decent run in europa league.
Lets be honest we probably not really good enough to win this tournament anyway.

Of course were good enough to win the Europa League and by winning it we'll gain respect from all across Europe, nobody in this country actually gives a fuck about the Carling Cup unless their teams in it. I don't think I've ever actually watched the final.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.