Oh Nooooooooo!!! Out of the Carling Cup

an absolute disgrace, when a club that hasnt won a thing in 36 years thinks that because it now has a bit of money we can pick and choose what cup we want to win then we realy have got above our station, no wonder we are so hated, it isnt jealousy it is because as a club we have become pricks.

we believe our own hype, this club should be playing full strength teams in every match , that is why we have a 25 man squad , the manager said he wanted two players for every position , well on tonights showing we havent even got 1 player per position

when we have won something then we can afford to throw a competition, as a season ticket holder i am disgusted and furious

mancini should be booed on saturday just so he understands exactly how we feel about his so called priorities

we are not going to win the fucking league

we wont win the fucking europa cup

we had best win the FA Cup

we could of, absolutely positively should have, won the carling cup

totaly pissed off

Its about prioritising matches. Can you expect the first choice eleven to play Saturday, Thursday, Sunday, Wednesday & still be on top form to take on Chelsea on Saturday at 12.45!!!
Our priorities this year are top 4, Europa League & FA Cup.
I must admit I thought we could have played a slightly stronger team, but in Bobby I trust.
Look at Chelsea. They didn't waste their first team tonight.
The know what's important to them.

dannybcity said:
1. Premier League
2. Europa League
3. FA Cup
4. League cup.

Mancini did what he had to do tonight, if we'd won the League Cup and finished fifth this season would have been written off as a failure. Get some prespective folks, Saturday is far far more important!

Spot on with this!

Our number one priority has to be a minimum of fourth place this year in the prem. Platini's financial rules kick in soon and we have to be playing champs league when that happens.

Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
sam the drummer said:
Shame, but if we beat Chelsea then I don't care about tonight.

And if we don't beat Chelsea?!

Where does that leave your argument then?

Only the Scum and Arsenal as threats to our first trophy in 35 painful years , and Mancini takes the piss and crashes out.

SHAMEFUL.

What's the point of having all this money if the manager treats the competition as a joke?

Well I and thousands of other City fans aint laughing!

Well said that man i am absolutely infuckinfuriated by this i really am!!!!!!!

Luke_mcfc said:
I'm afraid you can't prioritise competitions when we haven't won anything for 35 years... We should be beating WBA in the cup. Will we ever win anything? Everton, Spurs and Chelsea and now Liverpool getting beat should be good for us as we should have treated the cup with more respect and still be in it. Fucked off...
Couldn't of put it clearer myself.

jimbo101 said:
Its about prioritising matches. Can you expect the first choice eleven to play Saturday, Thursday, Sunday, Wednesday & still be on top form to take on Chelsea on Saturday at 12.45!!!
I must admit I thought we could have played a slightly stronger team, but in Bobby I trust.

Spot on, we've had Blackburn and Salzburg last week, Wigan Sunday, tonight, Chelsea on Saturday, Juve next week then Newcastle. Now apparently players can't play twice a week for any lenght of time and perform at the top of their game so (and somebody tell me) at what point does Mancini give them a rest?

jimbo101 said:

fair point but the difference with chelsea is that they are going to be fighting for the league title and more than likely the champions league, the carling cup although maybe not as glamourous as other tournaments, gave us a realistic chance of some silverware and we have thrown it away just like that, obviously we want players rested for saturday but im sure we could have fielded a stronger side than we did.

dannybcity said:
jimbo101 said:

Spot on, we've had Blackburn and Salzburg last week, Wigan Sunday, tonight, Chelsea on Saturday, Juve next week then Newcastle. Now apparently players can't play twice a week for any lenght of time and perform at the top of their game so (and somebody tell me) at what point does Mancini give them a rest?

At the end of May, they get three months off to rest.

Can anyone tell me what the fuck was going on in Mancini's head re this? It's unacceptable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.