Oh Nooooooooo!!! Out of the Carling Cup

Just an observation, but surely we cannot slag the likes of Chelsea and the rags for only winning the Carling Cup considering that when they actually win it they have been competing for the league and CL too.

We are in a steep learning curve, success breeds success. Houlliers Liverpool side won the 5 in a row only after a CC success gave them the confidence.

Only Arsenal or the rags could possibly stop us this year and we have fucked it up again.

That rag banner can now tick over again. Shame on Mancini for failing to spot the opportunity tonight.

last seasons CC games v United were brilliant for the club and fans overall even though we never succeeeded.

In order to compete with the big boys we have to get a winning mentality.

Tonight still shows us as the same old loveable lets fuck ourselves city.

If we get knocked out:

catherinertate.jpg

If we win:

yallopv20090504091137.jpg

That pretty much sums up my feelings on the carling cup. ;)

Pam said:
Can anyone tell me what the fuck was going on in Mancini's head re this? It's unacceptable.

Can you understand that Mancini has targets to meet this season which will have been given to him by the board? What you must understand is that more than likely the Carling Cup will not have been mentioned in the targets so Mancini has to do what he feels best to achieve the targets given to him and if that means resting players in a cup near enough every top club don't take that seriously then so be it especially when you consider our injury list. We have four extremely talented defenders who have cost a lot of money out injured at the moment ahead of crucial games in competitions which are much more important to the manager, players and the board and we couldn't afford an injury to any of our current first team defenders

dannybcity said:
city 'til i cry said:
At the end of May, they get three months off to rest.

I hope your joking.

Why would I be joking. At lot is made of 'resting' players, players find form and maintain form by playing. I'm not saying play the whole team that is going to start against Chelsea but against but against a team who made ten changes, play a stronger team then take then take them of for a rest when we are well ahead.

Failsworth_Blue said:
Pam said:
Can anyone tell me what the fuck was going on in Mancini's head re this? It's unacceptable.

Can you understand that Mancini has targets to meet this season which will have been given to him by the board?

That's a very good point.

Mancini - So, what do you want me to achieve?

Khaldoon - Top 4 is a must Roberto. Europa League would be good to raise our profile too. The FA Cup is a big competition too, would be nice to do well in that.

Mancini - Cool. What about the Carling Cup?

Khaldoon - The what?

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Mournio's first ever Chelsea trophy the Carling Cup. If it was good enough for Mourinho, it should have been good enough for Mancini. There is such a thing as momentum and we have spurned our first real opportunity to make the unprecented quality and depth of our squad count for something.

I can't believe he's done this.

Maccblue said:
Luke_mcfc said:
I'm afraid you can't prioritise competitions when we haven't won anything for 35 years... We should be beating WBA in the cup. Will we ever win anything? Everton, Spurs and Chelsea and now Liverpool getting beat should be good for us as we should have treated the cup with more respect and still be in it. Fucked off...
Couldn't of put it clearer myself.

this^^^^^^^ mancini's just tossed off the very best chance of winning something this year. but hey, never mind, we`ll just leave it to the scum to mop up another trophy.

i couldn't describe how fucking livid i am.

its results like this that make us a laughing stock. i`ll keep my fingers crossed that we beat chelsea

Pam said:
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Mournio's first ever Chelsea trophy the Carling Cup. If it was good enough for Mourinho, it should have been good enough for Mancini. There is such a thing as momentum and we have spurned our first real opportunity to make the unprecented quality and depth of our squad count for something.

I can't believe he's done this.

They where already a champions league side.

Failsworth_Blue said:
Pam said:

Can you understand that Mancini has targets to meet this season which will have been given to him by the board? What you must understand is that more than likely the Carling Cup will not have been mentioned in the targets so Mancini has to do what he feels best to achieve the targets given to him and if that means resting players in a cup near enough every top club don't take that seriously then so be it especially when you consider our injury list. We have four extremely talented defenders who have cost a lot of money out injured at the moment ahead of crucial games in competitions which are much more important to the manager, players and the board and we couldn't afford an injury to any of our current first team defenders

This result can only really be put in perspective at the end of the season. Finishing top 4 is the priority, cos that will allow us to genuinely attract any player we want to sign - finishing 5th, even if we had won the carling, just wouldnt have done that. So, if we do beat Chelsea, and if we do end up getting in the top 4 by less than 3 points in May, then it wont have been a bad decision.

Still gutted though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.