Oil money and Arab money city

Petro dollars does have a certain ring to it though.

I like it. The fact that you know they are getting angry when the write such things just makes it all so sweet.

Posted this on another thread but worth putting on this one

It is said that America will be self sufficient in gas AND oil in 10 years time and won't have to rely on middle east oil. If this is so, then it's not inconceivable that the US will not feel the need to patrol the waters of the persian gulf, and withdraw it's 5th fleet. This in turn may de-stabilise the region with the likes of China, or even India, wanting more influence and may impact on the fortunes of local rulers, such as our beloved Sheikh and his family.

I think some read too much into this we get shit cos we've upset the Media darlings across town we'll never be forgiven for that.

unexpected item said:
Posted this on another thread but worth putting on this one

It is said that America will be self sufficient in gas AND oil in 10 years time and won't have to rely on middle east oil. If this is so, then it's not inconceivable that the US will not feel the need to patrol the waters of the persian gulf, and withdraw it's 5th fleet. This in turn may de-stabilise the region with the likes of China, or even India, wanting more influence and may impact on the fortunes of local rulers, such as our beloved Sheikh and his family.

This is the exact reason that the US will not pull its fleet out. It doesn't want China encroaching on the Middle East, regardless of self-sufficiency.

There has never been a more true vocalization of the truth but the 'Ned Beatty speech' in the movie Network.

"AND YOU HAVE MEDDLED WITH THE PRIMAL FORCES OF NATURE, AND YOU WILL ATONE!!"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKkRDMil0bw[/youtube]

"Am I getting through to you Mr. Beale?"

Later:

"all boredom, amused."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.