Old Fanzines

Tbf seeing as most are 28 years old they are in good nick, though where the makers got so much A3 sky blue paper from

Before t'internet, fanzines were a godsend.

I used to subscribe to KOTK, Electric Blue/BTH and Blue Print (purely because having them delivered at home meant I wouldn't lose them in the pub on match days!!) also bought Singing The Blues from Piccadilly Records a few times.

Late 80's / early 90's City's fortunes meant fanzines always had stuff to write about (promotions, relegations, 5-1, Swales Out, Franny In, etc.)

I loved those days and I've kept all the ones I bought.......next time I go to me mums house, I'm gonna dig them out and have a re-read of them........now wheres the KOTK with the "extra cover" cos Howard Kendall had just fooked off back to Everton!!

On a side note, I used to regularly buy Stockports fanzine (The Mad Hatter??) and Q.P.R's fanzine "A Kick Up The R's) from Piccadilly Records too....... not that I had an affinity to either club, but both of those were really humorous

Clearing out the loft todat found a few boxes, stuff from my youth, old toys and a load of old NMEs, Marvel and 2000AD comics from the 80s/90s.

But there was also an old box full of ciity fanzines along with a few other fans and music ones.

Some of them below

e6em1h.jpg

2i0g8sz.jpg

Have about 40 odd of them from
Electric blue/bert trautmanns helmet, KotK, Main Stand View, Blue Print, Blue Murder, This Charming Fan & Singing the Blues.

Anyone else still got their old copies? Or any of our otger clubs fans got their @Magicpole found a few once a tim ones amongst other club ones from villa WHU and Sheff Wed I must have bought.

I have Indeed. I used to write for one of ours.

Clearing out the loft todat found a few boxes, stuff from my youth, old toys and a load of old NMEs, Marvel and 2000AD comics from the 80s/90s.

But there was also an old box full of ciity fanzines along with a few other fans and music ones.

Some of them below

e6em1h.jpg

2i0g8sz.jpg

Have about 40 odd of them from
Electric blue/bert trautmanns helmet, KotK, Main Stand View, Blue Print, Blue Murder, This Charming Fan & Singing the Blues.

Anyone else still got their old copies? Or any of our otger clubs fans got their @Magicpole found a few once a tim ones amongst other club ones from villa WHU and Sheff Wed I must have bought.

The comics might have a value...

The comics might have a value...

They probabbly do, as will my boba fett slave 1 opened but still in box. Original optimus prime, megatron, soundwave etc, also opened and played with but in their boxes, plus several action mans, glad me parents never got rid of them and just boxed them , I just shoved them in the loft after and been left there 20 odd years

They probabbly do, as will my boba fett slave 1 opened but still in box. Original optimus prime, megatron, soundwave etc, also opened and played with but in their boxes, plus several action mans, glad me parents never got rid of them and just boxed them , I just shoved them in the loft after and been left there 20 odd years

Action Mans only really worth anything if they have full mobility (Knees , elbows , neck etc)

I’m sure I remember buying my first King of the Kippax at a Junior Blues meeting in the old social club on a Sunday morning back in 1990.Must have been 11 at the time and read the print off it, sure I’ve got loads of them stashed away in my parents loft somewhere. Well worth a read seeing the state of the club at the time, would have been inconceivable we wouldn’t play at Maine Road in the future as Swales and Lee had Succesive ill conceived ideas about the redevelopment of Maine Road . Then what’s happened since 2008 no one would have seen that coming.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.