Old Maine Road photos thread

View attachment 126098View attachment 126099
Alan Devonshire of West Ham United (partly hidden on ground, centre) is tackled by Ray Ranson (left) and teammate Nicky Reid of Manchester City during their Division One football match at Maine Road in Manchester on 16th April 1983.
View attachment 126100
View attachment 126101
1958, Division 1, Manchester City v Manchester United at Maine Road, Manchester United's Albert Scanlon opposed by Manchester City's goalkeeper Bert Trautmann, left and defender Cliff SearView attachment 126102
Who is the City player in the background, Roy Cheetham?

The colours in this photo are brilliant.

I can identify all of the City players, apart from the one, whose head is between Best'arm and body. Does anyone know who it is?

The colours in this photo are brilliant.

I can identify all of the City players, apart from the one, whose head is between Best'arm and body. Does anyone know who it is?

It doesn't look like Heslop or Pardoe so I'd guess Bobby Kennedy who definitely played in that game.

I think it's Bobby Owen taking the shot

Owen was playing instead of Tony Coleman and Kennedy was covering for the injured Tony Book.

Otherwise it was the regular City line-up from the last few games of 67-68.
Yeah, you’re right.

I don’t remember either Kennedy or Owen, and I often confuse them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.