Old Maine Road photos thread

This is one of the last photos I took with my dad present with me back in or around 2000. He sadly passed away in 2002 and never saw the move to the Etihad nor the success since. Although I reckon he’s looking down from heaven and enjoying every minute of the ride. We used to sit in the Platt Lane from the 1960’s as my dad was in a wheelchair, so after they moved the blue inva cars from the side of the pitch we would park under the old Platt Lane stand until that was stopped in the early 80’s.
2019-08-25-22-59-0001.jpeg

This is one of the last photos I took with my dad present with me back in or around 2000. He sadly passed away in 2002 and never saw the move to the Etihad nor the success since. Although I reckon he’s looking down from heaven and enjoying every minute of the ride. We used to sit in the Platt Lane from the 1960’s as my dad was in a wheelchair, so after they moved the blue inva cars from the side of the pitch we would park under the old Platt Lane stand until that was stopped in the early 80’s.
View attachment 126470
Nice one Skivi

IMG_0642.jpegIMG_0644.jpegIMG_0643.jpegIMG_0641.jpegThe final game at Maine Road, May 13th 2003. A 1-0 loss to Southampton couldn’t dampen our spirits that day. I took my son and nephew and my video camera and here are some stills from the video. Enjoy blues.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.