Old Maine Road photos thread

Last team to win the FA cup with an all english team?

And wasnt the fairs cup invitational when leeds won it so doesnt really count
It wasn’t exactly invitational at that time but did have some strange rules like: only one club per city which meant Newcastle played in it in 1968-69 instead of a second London club. I explain a bit more on the weirdness of it here:

It wasn’t exactly invitational at that time but did have some strange rules like: only one club per city which meant Newcastle played in it in 1968-69 instead of a second London club. I explain a bit more on the weirdness of it here:
I know that when West Ham won the f a cup in 75 they we're all English,so probably the last team.

Motson got that wrong,Joe Mercers first signing was Ralph Brand not Buzzer.
I was a young 13 year old stood outside Maine road August 65 school holidays,had my autograph book signed by Ralph that day.Also the tunnel between the scoreboard end and Kippax I was stood above that for my first game in 62 v Birmingham,it was the night Glynn Pardoe made his debut aged just 15.

Last edited:
Conner, Pardoe , Heslop, Dowd ,Corrigan, Mulhearn,Mann ,Booth, Doyle Oakes,Jefferies, Bowyer, Hill, Summerbee,Lee,Book, Carrodous ?? Young , Bell. Am I right anyone, not sure who that is between Book and Young .

Goalsc​

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.