Old Maine Road photos thread

IMG-20231101-WA0008.jpg
Mick McCarthy of Manchester City heads the ball away from Mark Hateley of Portsmouth during the Manchester City v Portsmouth Division 2 match played at Maine Road, Manchester on the 11th February 1984. Manchester City won the match 2-1IMG-20231101-WA0010.jpgIMG-20231101-WA0009.jpg
11 May 1985: David Phillips of Manchester City celebrates after scoring during the Canon League Division Two match against Charlton Athletic at Maine Road in Manchester, England. Manchester City won the match 5-1. IMG-20231101-WA0011.jpg

View attachment 97387
Mick McCarthy of Manchester City heads the ball away from Mark Hateley of Portsmouth during the Manchester City v Portsmouth Division 2 match played at Maine Road, Manchester on the 11th February 1984. Manchester City won the match 2-1View attachment 97388View attachment 97389
11 May 1985: David Phillips of Manchester City celebrates after scoring during the Canon League Division Two match against Charlton Athletic at Maine Road in Manchester, England. Manchester City won the match 5-1. View attachment 97390
That was almost my spot, just about 15 yards to the right.

I'd pay good money to stand there just one more time to watch us rather than being up in SS3.

Long shot - is anyone in possession of a photo of the City fans celebrating at the final whistle from the last derby at Maine Road? I believe it was Homes of Football/Stuart Roy Clarke's photo. My Dad was in it & I haven't been able to find it since seeing it years ago.

View attachment 97387
Mick McCarthy of Manchester City heads the ball away from Mark Hateley of Portsmouth during the Manchester City v Portsmouth Division 2 match played at Maine Road, Manchester on the 11th February 1984. Manchester City won the match 2-1View attachment 97388View attachment 97389
11 May 1985: David Phillips of Manchester City celebrates after scoring during the Canon League Division Two match against Charlton Athletic at Maine Road in Manchester, England. Manchester City won the match 5-1. View attachment 97390
From memory City were losing 1-0 until relatively late in the game.

Derek Parlane got injured so our only option was substitute Nicky Reid who promptly scored the winning goal in the last minute, after Tolmie's shot had looped onto the crossbar, with the goalkeeper on his back from the previous save, and the ball rebounding straight into Reid's path.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.