Old Maine Road photos thread

That’s interesting. I don’t recall the Platt Lane ever having reserved seats. I thought it was always sit where you like. Unless the numbers were purely for keeping track on how many they’d sold?
The Platt Lane Stand was entirely bench seats and there were no numbers.

I suspect that they put the bench seats in because it was cheaper than putting in new crash barriers.

Can anyone name the whole lineup?
It’s a bit of a challenge given the camera angles. I would assume that this was in the first half of the 1963-64 season. Many of the below are wild guesses.

Back row (from left to right):

George Hannah, Neil Young, Harry Dowd, and possibly David Wagstaffe. It looks like Derek Kevan hiding at the back. The one with the number 9 shirt could be Paul Aimson.

Front row:

Barry Betts, Alan Oakes, and Joe Hayes.

It’s a bit of a challenge given the camera angles. I would assume that this was in the first half of the 1963-64 season. Many of the below are wild guesses.

Back row (from left to right):

George Hannah, Neil Young, Harry Dowd, and possibly David Wagstaffe. It looks like Derek Kevan hiding at the back. The one with the number 9 shirt could be Paul Aimson.

Front row:

Barry Betts, Alan Oakes, and Joe Hayes.
I'm thinking Cliff Sear (number 3)

The Platt Lane Stand was entirely bench seats and there were no numbers.

I suspect that they put the bench seats in because it was cheaper than putting in new crash barriers.

The bench seats in the old Platt Lane stand did have numbers, I had a season ticket in there between 1976 and 1981.

Still to work out the full lineup but I think the front row far left is Peter Dobing and Alex Harley before they were sold to Stoke and Birmingham, respectively, prior to the start of the 63-64 season.
Make that far right,not left. Too much drink again. number 3 looks like Alf Wood with Mike Batty facing him. certainly Cliff Sear should be no. 3. Very interesting photo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.