Old Rock Stars

I have an idea this guy can cut it with the best.
Here is Paul Carrack with a very good pal of mine called Eric.
Paul was with the band Ace back in the day if anyone remembers.

His voice has indeed surpassed the years.
I hope you enjoy this clip as much as I do .

he also played keyboards on The Smiths debut album on Reel Around The Fountain

Morrissey sang this ditty 25 years ago, he's not far from singing about himself.....

Tbf, he wasn't really fooling anyone back then, was he? I mean, seriously! That sounds like an old man putting some "music" to a bad nursery rhyme...and playing it for laughs!

More pop and rock, but just saw Blondie & Garbage on the Rage and Rapture Tour. Chris Stein is still the antidote to fun, Clem Burke still drums like Animal from the Muppets (both of whom I like greatly!) and Debbie can't hit the high notes...but it was still ACE!! Even 40 years after the last time I saw them at Hammersmith Odeon, the songs have still got it!

Sadly, though, Shirley Manson (Garbage) is a difficult rock chick to follow! And, speaking of "ace" she's got it in spades! Awesome performer!

Went to see The Magic Band last night and I have to say John Drumbo French is still pretty awesome. They went down a storm and played loads of the old favourites. Big Eyed Beans from Venus was excellent. Pity they won't be touring again in the UK.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.