Old Rock Stars

I really enjoyed Yes three times in the 80's and 90's then saw them in 2017 backed up by Todd Rundgren, sadly it was the worst show i've seen pretty much. What was left of Yes tried hard but it was a short quirky setlist and bad sound. Howe's son Dylan played backup drums as Alan White took a third of the night off.
Todd tried to run around like mick Jagger, looked a sorry sight, played barely anything anybody knew, a couple oldies, nothing from Utopia. Everyone at intermission were pissed off or confused. Strange night.
On the flip side I saw Alice Cooper shortly before that, not expecting much, but he was great. Twenty-four song show and all the ones you pretty much wanted belted out enthusiastically.
Saw Steve Hackett last fall and that Genesis Revisited show was very good.
Saw Genesis twice in the Eighties, and they were excellent. Should have been three times but one was canceled last minute in Vancouver. The memories of great shows as well as all the great concert footage on you tube, and the albums are going to be enough for me. Rutherford will be good, Banks will be outstanding, but not having Phil drum, and with a more than likely iffy voice, and with his bad back probably no patented tambourine solo would make this a tough sell for me.

I really can't be arsed paying big money to watch seventy odd year old has-beens who don't even break a sweat. Voices shot. It's all about nostalgia.
Id rather watch a young tribute band.
Although we did see an ABBA tribute with plump girls recently, I renamed them Flabba :)

I really can't be arsed paying big money to watch seventy odd year old has-beens who don't even break a sweat. Voices shot. It's all about nostalgia.
Id rather watch a young tribute band.
Although we did see an ABBA tribute with plump girls recently, I renamed them Flabba :)
Couldn't agree more, and on the tribute band alternative, my best mate is a massive Pink Floyd fan, (I'm not,
apart from the early stuff), and he said that the Aussie Floyd tribute band were absolutely outstanding, equal to the
originals in every way, and he's seen the original band many times.

Some artists have aged well. Ian Hunter and Jon Anderson (without Yes) still producing new material and great performances. Others (Phil Collins, Steve Howe etc) should call it a day.

Just look at these songtitles for Van Morrison's latest album
Hardly 'Moondance' is it

Disc One
1. “Latest Record Project”
2. “Where Have All the Rebels Gone?”
3. “Psychoanalysts’ Ball”
4. “No Good Deed Goes Unpunished”
5. “Tried to Do the Right Thing”
6. “The Long Con”
7. “Thank God for the Blues”
8. “Big Lie”
9. “A Few Bars Early”
10. “It Hurts Me Too”
11. “Only a Song”
12. “Diabolic Pressure”
13. “Deadbeat Saturday Night”
14. “Blue Funk”

Disc Two
1. “Double Agent”
2. “Double Bind”
3. “Love Should Come With A Warning”
4. “Breaking The Spell”
5. “Up County Down”
6. “Duper’s Delight”
7. “My Time After a While”
8. “He’s Not the Kingpin”
9. “Mistaken Identity”
10. “Stop Bitching, Do Something”
11. “Western Man”
12. “They Own the Media”
13. “Why Are You on Facebook?”
14. “Jealousy”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.