Old Rock Stars

More pop and rock, but just saw Blondie & Garbage on the Rage and Rapture Tour. Chris Stein is still the antidote to fun, Clem Burke still drums like Animal from the Muppets (both of whom I like greatly!) and Debbie can't hit the high notes...but it was still ACE!! Even 40 years after the last time I saw them at Hammersmith Odeon, the songs have still got it!

Sadly, though, Shirley Manson (Garbage) is a difficult rock chick to follow! And, speaking of "ace" she's got it in spades! Awesome performer!

Two of my favourate bands, Saw Garbage at the Apollo back in the day and they were fantastic.

I found this video interesting of pop singers and how they have to adapt their songs over time because they can no longer hit the notes.

Even the best have to do it:

But the sort of loud, shouty vocals you often get in rock music probably don't lend themselves to a long career. I wonder what those death metal types sound like 20 or 30 years down the line.

Queen were once one of my favourite bands - up to the release of the Game. But I don’t understand this touring with Adam Lambert - his voice is Ok but he’s stood on stage with two geriatrics behind him churning out the same old tunes. They’re not making new music and they’re certainly not Queen. Call the band something else or write something new.

UqkOeKiH.jpg

JpvJ7NPm.jpg

6YVYgoGH.jpg

The Strolling Bones are doing a US tour of football stadiums this summer.
All 60,000 plus capacities at pure $$$$$$ a ticket. Surely Mick n Keef cant be short of a few bob in order to keep flogging this dead horse
Performing is their (main) drug, and they feed off of the admiration of the masses. They are the last to see it's gone south and wild horses couldn't drag them away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.