Old Rock Stars

Close the thread now because the greatest of them all still belting it out, still inspiring young guitarists and still unearthing talent all round the world is the great...

John Mayall
They have knighted McCartney and Jagger, but the father of British blues and blues rock has been ignored. Mayall was a god in the US, but ignored by the establishment here. Make a list of the British players who learnt from him and wonder.

Rock music is for young stars, I love it and listen to all the greats, Stones, The Who, Kinks etc; and all were way better back in the day. Their youth epitomises the music, and for me, wrinkly old farts doing it is ridiculous, they just don’t have it anymore.
I was in my mate's bookshop a couple of years ago and in walked Ray Davies. Amazingly, the teenage girls from the cafe across the road soon had their noses pressed to the windows. Still got it!

I was in my mate's bookshop a couple of years ago and in walked Ray Davies. Amazingly, the teenage girls from the cafe across the road soon had their noses pressed to the windows. Still got it!
Who’s still got it, you or Ray?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.