Old Rock Stars

If it's Genesis who'll drum or sing? RIP Phil.

Can't see it being Purple, Coverdale seems happy doing Whitesnake tours and his voice has sadly gone now although not as much as Gillan's has.

I saw Deep Purple Mk 3 on Coverdale's first tour at Belle Vue in 1974.

They were supported by ELF who's singer was a certain Ronnie James Dio, later to link up with Blackmore in Rainbow.

Ronnie James Dio, size of a dwarf, voice of a giant

Oh and I'd forgotten about Glenn Hughes being in DP Mk3. I'd drop him and bring in Roger Glover

6YVYgoGH.jpg

Never had the pleasure of meeting @oakiecokie but this is how I imagine him in his youth.

Never had the pleasure of meeting @oakiecokie but this is how I imagined him in his prime.
Oi behave.I was a smart Mod in my heydayI`ll have you know.Rock on with The Who,Tamla and Soul Music and add that the wonderful Lambretta LX150 Scooter with all the trimmings.Mods rule OK.

Two of my favourate bands, Saw Garbage at the Apollo back in the day and they were fantastic.
Sat next to Shirley on a flight after they’d performed live on TV in NYC. She was cool, down to earth, no drama.

I sat there thinking, “Man, she’d tear me up!”
;-) Happy thoughts!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.