older fans returning now we've won a cup

Re: older fans

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
citijin said:

And maybe not. As for 1976 being the start of the era of crap teams, check the teams for the late fifties and early sixties. You newcomers have seen ONE lot of crap - we from the fifties have seen '68 but TWO lots of crap.

I'm with you all the way on that one. The George Poyser era in particular was a definite low in the Club's history. Awful.

Whether you're an old fan returning after a period of time or a new fan finding your feet. One thing's for sure, you're part of the blue family.

MCFC is a special club which is steeped in history and has strong ties to the local community and families therein. We saw from our recent home-coming parade the depth of our support.

Lets not fall out over who got here first - the important thing is we're all here now!

MaxCityBlue said:
Whether you're an old fan returning after a period of time or a new fan finding your feet. One thing's for sure, you're part of the blue family.

MCFC is a special club which is steeped in history and has strong ties to the local community and families therein. We saw from our recent home-coming parade the depth of our support.

Lets not fall out over who got here first - the important thing is we're all here now!

gloryhunter

;)

MaxCityBlue said:

I started supporting City in the mid 70s when we had a decent team. We were runners up in the League and won the League Cup

I remember barnes, Tueart, Hartford, Owen, Watford, Doyle etc and then came the bad times.

The club will get lots of new young supporters now. That's natural. You support City or United in and around Manchester and up until recently there was little encouragement to support City

City Raider said:
MaxCityBlue said:

gloryhunter

;)

Blast! I've been rumbled.

I can honestly say that I have never met a fellow Blue who didn't live and breathe City in whatever way they could.
Whether that be by attending every single game or by merely being angst ridden on derby day and glued to a radio listening to the match.
Plus, the ebbs and flows of responsibilities in life, plus available finances at whatever time, dictate how anyone supports.
I was born a Blue (my mum even stood on the Kippax when she was pregnant with me) but for many years I didn't get to a game simply because I was a lone parent who worked part time.
I started going again when my lad was aged 8 and showed ominous signs of being a Spuds fan (they had just won the FAC,back in 1991). From that day he has been a diehard City fan and I feel, for that reason alone, I have done my bit in a small way. ;-)
There are many older Blues out there who,for whatever reason, stayed away. But their memories are priceless and if they get to the odd match now that the good times have returned then great!

Marvin said:
MaxCityBlue said:

I started supporting City in the mid 70s when we had a decent team. We were runners up in the League and won the League Cup

I remember barnes, Tueart, Hartford, Owen, Watford, Doyle etc and then came the bad times.

The club will get lots of new young supporters now. That's natural. You support City or United in and around Manchester and up until recently there was little encouragement to support City

That was my era too. Barnes legging it down the left wing, Asa bossing the midfield and big Joe Corrigan between the sticks.

I will always be grateful to my dad for taking me to Maine Road and not the swamp to see my first game.

The funny thing is with all their success and all our years of frustration I wouldn't change a thing. Something only a blue would understand!

i will say again, i love all blues, just not those who supported us, then slagged us off, now support us again. i suppose that's what you get though when people just post without reading the whole thread.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.