older fans returning now we've won a cup

tamworthblue said:
hjohn said:
I'm starting to get confused here.
So we don't want children at the game, we don't want older fans who haven't been for a while, we don't want anyone who started supporting us from after the take over and we don't want anyone who isn't from Manchester.

Great reply but you forgot the fans that don't want to sing. Oh, and anybody that leaves 5 minutes before the end.

What a shit OP.

and we want the place full every game.

Well, "joolsbikini", i was born in Greece in 1940, after the war, my mother & i moved to Hungary, (my mother was Hungarian). I lived in Hungary until the uprising in '56, stayed in Germany (Passau) for 2 & a half months, then, with the help of the English home office, i,amongst other refugees came to England. Up to the year 2000, ihad many good times, (thanks, M/c CITY) but now live north of the border.
I like your name for me, but i am not the son of a priest, (Papadopoulos) but a hare trapper (Lagogiannis).
Keep watching THE BLUES

Personally I dont care who supports City, I'm just glad they're Blue. One of my best friends is born and bred in Sweden but he's as Blue as they come.

I think I understand where the OP is coming from though. I was lucky enough to see nearly all matches during the glory years of the late 60s and early 70s. I've often wondered over the years since why so many people born since the mid 70s have been so loyal with the only thing to shout about is a few promotions and winning a 3rd place play-off in the 3rd tier of English football.

My youngest son born in 1975 blames me for all the heartache City have caused him over the years but his support for the Blues has never wavered.

I've nothing but respect for those in their 20s and 30s who have stuck by City through thin and thin. I hope their loyalty now leads way to some glory, they deserve it.

Re: older fans

crizack said:
Ducado said:
You have to remember that we had a huge Manchester fan base, that drifted away during the lean years, and are drifting back now.

We are not some kind of exclusive club, where only the select few can support you know, we need and no doubt welcome every supporter, be they a new one or a returning blue

That's what I mean, I'm sorry if I offend anyone but when I see a any city fan early 30's or younger, I think of all the shit they must of had. Especially those like myself who in 99, when the rags won the treble and with all the shit we got in mid high school and as a socio pressure anyway, we didn't do what cowards do and go supporting the better team. I think any city fan who was a teenager in 99 should be noticed and others to understand just how dedicated the younger generation are. More blue than the ones who supported us in the allison/mercer years? I don't know, but I do know one thing. Supporting city is a good thing.
Your lucky you wernt a 31 year old in 1998 working with a bunch of reds when we were at our lowest bit harsher than a bunch of school kids.

I was a season ticket holder when we were in the 2nd and 3rd division but now we're back with the big boys my matchday card isn't even upto date.

Seeing us win trophies and get in the champs league has never been my motivation for going to Grimsby on a wet Wednesday. It's more about the craic, camaraderie and excitement for me. A chance to escape the daily grind and seriousness of life for a day and revel in being a Blue.

Any team will "regain" fans when they are doing well

There were 24,000 at Fulham today

15 or so years ago a good Fulham crowd would have been 7,000

And there weren't 17,000 blues there!

Some will be new fans or people who can't get into Stamford Bridge

But a lot will be old gits who stopped going when the slide began in the 70's and had probably thought they'd never see top flight football again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.