Oldham vs City Tonight

It was ok for a warm up. Looked abut 3,800 in the Rochdale Rd from my spot in the Chaddy End. Don't know what the ground holds but would say at least three quarters full.

Oldhams singers would seem to be like the old what's got 50 legs a no pubic hair joke....

For the game, Nasri had a good first half, RSC was very slow and our no 4 had a good game.

Joe Hart is loved by everybody. The whole ground clapped hm off.

RSC made little effort.There were times when he could have stretched to exert some effort, he did not. Off one corner it fell between him and the keeper, no effort or movement towards the ball on his part. Total waste of space tonight.His place in that team should have been given to one of the others who actually wanted to play. Not just RSC bashing, that was the sum of his match

MaxCityBlue said:
Yeah, it was some kid trying to impress his girl friend just in front of us, about 3 rows from the front. Fancied himself as a bit of a Joe Hart look-a-like.

More like bloody Tony Hart if you ask me?

Yeah, he was right near us. Looked a prize plank with his Joe Hart hair!

Regular BM Oldham fan's opinion here for what it's worth....

As expected, the majority of possession was City's however I don’t think we looked particularly weak in any specific area, which is not something I’ve been able to say in recent years.

Although our back line isn’t the fastest, it was only on odd occasion when someone ran in behind, noteably Jelavic who seemed a little nippy. Fortunately, nothing came of those chances.

You set up with a 3-5-2 with Clichy & Facey as wing-backs – is this something that your first team are looking to employ?

I thought our opening goal was fairly decent, Clichy’s poor pass was picked up by our trialist, who fed a through ball to Simpson, who took a first time placed shot past Hart. The goal didn’t seem to bother City that much though as you kept playing the same way, and in all honesty, you should have scored twice in the first half – Jelavic missing from 6yrds and then hitting the post. Milner did bring a good save from our keeper but I’d have been disappointed if he’d have let it in.

You were quite fortunate for your equaliser, our CB made a good slide tackle but it bounced onto our other defender and into RSC’s path who coolly took it round the keeper and finished. I think it was Ruznak who then hit the bar late on via a save from our keeper again, and then obviously we got the late winner once all your first teamers came off.

Your player ratings IMO:

Hart 6 – Didn’t have anything to do really bar pick the ball out of the net and made a fairly simple save in the 2nd half
Wabara 7 – Looked decent to me. Quite quick
McGivern 6 – Doesn’t look good enough for me, seemed afraid of passing forwards and looked out of position for our opener
Lescott 7 – Made it look simple when he had the ball, could see he was the best defender on your team, composed and rarely looked troubled
Clichy 6 – Looked rusty to me. Put in a couple of decent crosses but other than that, not much from him. Made the error which led to our opener.
Facey 7 – Hogged the right touchline which helped you control the game in the midfield, we only had 4 in the middle so he had plenty of space on the ball and wasn’t afraid to run with it. Think he took a knock in the 2nd half and was subbed
Milner 7 – Looked decent. Controlled the game with NDJ and sprayed a few pinpoint balls to the likes of Facey & Clichy. Had a couple of good attempts on goal
NDJ – 6 I can see why this guy splits opinions on here. IMO, you need someone better than him, someone who can play riskier balls without worrying about not pulling it off. I know he’s one for the dirty work but I think there’s much better out there for you.
Nasri 8 – Best player for me, looked comfortable on the ball, always wanted it, couple of tricky runs.
Jelavic 7 – Quite wasteful but didn’t stop running. He was the one player trying to get behind the line and was unfortunate not to get a goal
RSC 7 – Thought he played well actually. Held the ball up well and played made some neat touches. Composed finish when gifted the opportunity

Subs: Only one worth a decent mention to me was (I think) that Ruznak fella. No 18 was he? Constantly drove at the defense, hit the bar late on and would have gone in had it not been a decent tipped save.

It’d be nice to have a look at some players as Loan options for us, mainly Wabara and Ruznak, although I can’t see it personally.

Overall, enjoyable game, even if we didn’t have that much of the ball!

Very pleased with your attendance though so thanks for that, much needed money for the coffers.

Also enjoyed the “Stand up if you hate Man U” & the “We won the league, in Fergie time” chants.

I thought Lee Croft had a good game for Oldham, a few of his runs down the wing were superb. It was great to hear the City fans (those who were left) cheer him off the pitch when he was substituted.

All in all a good night out.

Re: Oldham friendly

Did anyone go last night?

It would be good to know how Rusnak, Wabara, et al got on

bammy blue said:
mancityvstoke said:
Well done to the RUNWAY song singers............embarrassing.

little wankers, stood near the pricks when they was singing. need to go back to primary school. little **** who chucked a pie over his shoulder also needed a slap.....

so why didn't you 'slap' them then?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.