Oldham vs City Tonight

Can't believe RSC actually scored! Although fair play to him, doing his bit in pre-season won't do his chances of a move any harm.

In terms of the performance, the first was dull but all things considered the second half was decent. Looked a little bit sloppy at the back in the first half, and a better team may have exposed that more, but will just put that down to the combination of rustiness and inexperience our defence. Second half was better, looked stronger going forward and unlucky to only score the one goal.

Hiwula impressed me with his pace, willingness to get the ball and his movement, and Rusnak looked alright as well and I think Shay Facey did OK. Of the senior players, I'd say Nasri was the best.

Thoughts on Jelavic? Any one reckon he's worth offering a contract to?

Not too upset about the result. As another poster said, this is similar to what the Al Hilal game was for the other first teamers in the sense it was their first game back.

King Of All Geordies said:
black mamba said:
Crowd at Oldham tonite .... 6,589

including 3,048 City fans ....

oh well , at least Latics made a few bob out of it.

Seemed like more to me, didn't see that many empty seats tbh..

Those figures are from the official Oldham website itself .....

although i suppose they could be 'economical' with the truth if they wanted to be!

Much more than 3000 City fans tonight, I'd say nearer 4000 as well as a few City fans in the Oldham end. The atmosphere in our end was great, some idiots sang 'that' song but where quickly told to shut up. Oldham fans were decent enough, although they didn't make that much noise. Seemed to be happy with a good game and performance rather than trying to make out beating our EDS squad in a friendly was a good result.

RSC took his goal well but it bounced to him. He made minimal effort all game, seemed lethargic and uninterested, and almost insulted that he was there. Wabara, McGivern, Hiwula and Our number 4 (poor tannoy, didn't catch the name) were all excellent, we could easily have won the game comfortably, Jelavic (who also had a decent game) hit the woodwork, their keeper made a couple of last ditch saves and a few crosses had their defence troubled.

Clichy's link up play with Milner was impressive, as was our increased width. Clichy and the phantom number 4 really made sure we could stretch Oldham, and that was the key to our dominant periods.

Nasri had some good spells and created some good opportunities, goalkeepers weren't at fault for either goals.

The negatives? The pies at half-time were horrible.

Huddersfield Blue said:
Much more than 3000 City fans tonight, I'd say nearer 4000 as well as a few City fans in the Oldham end. The atmosphere in our end was great, some idiots sang 'that' song but where quickly told to shut up. Oldham fans were decent enough, although they didn't make that much noise. Seemed to be happy with a good game and performance rather than trying to make out beating our EDS squad in a friendly was a good result.

RSC took his goal well but it bounced to him. He made minimal effort all game, seemed lethargic and uninterested, and almost insulted that he was there. Wabara, McGivern, Hiwula and Our number 4 (poor tannoy, didn't catch the name) were all excellent, we could easily have won the game comfortably, Jelavic (who also had a decent game) hit the woodwork, their keeper made a couple of last ditch saves and a few crosses had their defence troubled.

Clichy's link up play with Milner was impressive, as was our increased width. Clichy and the phantom number 4 really made sure we could stretch Oldham, and that was the key to our dominant periods.

Nasri had some good spells and created some good opportunities, goalkeepers weren't at fault for either goals.

Apart from the sentence I have highlighted I agree with your summing up. However, I thought Santa Cruz had a very good game and, especially in the first half, was very much involved and Oldham players must have thought so as well because there were always 2 of them (their number 5 in particular) trying to contain him whenever he was going for the ball and most notably when we got a corner.

One thing was very noticeable though, quite a number of City fans seemed to have St Vitus dance/ants in their pants!! I have never seen so much coming and going at an away match. People couldn't seem to decide whether they wanted to sit/stand at the front, the back, the middle or wherever. With so many wandering around it's a wonder anyone can report on what happened in the match at all.

Eccles Blue said:
Huddersfield Blue said:

Apart from the sentence I have highlighted I agree with your summing up. However, I thought Santa Cruz had a very good game and, especially in the first half, was very much involved and Oldham players must have thought so as well because there were always 2 of them (their number 5 in particular) trying to contain him whenever he was going for the ball and most notably when we got a corner.

One thing was very noticeable though, quite a number of City fans seemed to have St Vitus dance/ants in their pants!! I have never seen so much coming and going at an away match. People couldn't seem to decide whether they wanted to sit/stand at the front, the back, the middle or wherever. With so many wandering around it's a wonder anyone can report on what happened in the match at all.

I don't think you're the only one to think that about RSC, a lot were saying he was doing well, but for me he was poor. I really was disappointed that a 17 million pound player wasn't as good (in my eyes) as academy prospects that really aren't as good as the likes of Guidetti and Sturridge that we have produced.
I suppose everyone has different opinions though.

Well, just got home via town after the trip to boundary Park tonight. All I can say is...... THERE'S ONLY ONE PAUL DICKOV!!!!!!!

I was a little dissapointed about the final result but not to bothered! I thought Santa Cruz was brilliant tbh he was controlling the ball well and played a few good passes he also took his goal very well and defended corners well.... I thought McGivern was a rock from start to finish but I was dissapointed with Wabaara he seems to think he's really good and that he's some sort of EDS superstar! And Oldham made a huge error when I left I went str8 to the Latics Store to buy a few items as did many City fans and it was closed for some reason and they would have made a few extra quid..... Was nice to see Lee Croft playing for Oldham aswel I used to think he was top for City

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.