Oleg Shatov

Status
Not open for further replies.
2m3inte.gif

I'm glad something has been posted pertinent to the discussion. But you're wrong. You're using the stat of Shatov 2 years ago before he matured as a talent. There's always a breakthrough season for every player. Before Shatov ever matured, his game vs Dortmund in 2013 was what got me hooked to him. This year, he is complete different story. I don't need to mention his stats anymore. His stats are the most impressive despite his position, granted he is from a weaker league but he has showed class in the CL so far.

No, I'm using the stats for Shatov prior to this season, so basically everything he's done outside of the last 3 months. In over 200 first team appearances, a large enough sample size to form an opinion, he has failed to make much of an impact when it comes to scoring goals, or creating goals for others. As a player who would be used pretty exclusively as an attacking option that's simply nowhere near the level a club like City needs. At 25 he's not an old player but, equally, he's not exactly a youngster. Kevin De Bruyne is younger than him, and look what level he's already reached. Sterling is 5 years younger and, in a far tougher league, has already scored almost as many career goals as Shatov has. That is the level of player City need to be targeting. Shatov might be a decent player for someone in the Premier League, but we're talking someone in the mid table, maybe Swansea, Stoke, or West Ham, certainly not a title challenging side.

There are many players who are Shatov's equal in Europe, and there are others who, if City were to be targeting a winger, we'd be better off considering. Marco Reus of Dortmund for a start. Dries Mertens of Napoli is another who looks a better option. Felipe Anderson of Lazio, possibly even Karim Bellarabi from Leverkusen, or Vitolo from Sevilla. All have proven themselves in one of Europe's top leagues. I'd suggest City's highly paid scouting network also have a far more detailed, and lengthy, list of potential targets they deem more suitable than Shatov, and that's before we consider we've got the likes of Patrick Roberts and Brandon Barker already within the squad who certainly have the potential to make a first team impact in the coming seasons, and have the added advantage of being home grown (and club trained in Barker's case) so fit far better into the Premier League/European squad restrictions.

Well, with the permission of @Prestwich_Blue this thread is here, this thread has been designed to have all the Shatov discussion in this thread.

As of 15/11/15, he is injured but he is fighting to a recovery. Shatov has a 1 goal in 2 game ratio, while being one of the top assisters in the CL behind Hulk. Shatov currently has 12 games played, with 6 goals and 4 assists in the league and 4 games played in the CL, boasting an impressive stat of 3 assists and a goal. Always handy for football scouts. His attacking flair is a microcosm of the brilliance of great vision, pace, passing and dribbling. He possesses the ability to create a goal out of the blue. His impressive stat is also complemented by his shear ability of creating chances for strikers.

With him attracting attention from Dortmund and an "unknown" big English club, he is moving to a move abroad sooner or later.

I say we go for him, he'd be a huge upgrade to Navas or Nasri.

You say he's a huge upgrade to Nasri but he's a bench warmer now. Would you really want City to buy your favourite player and have him sit on the bench all the time? This guy simply won't get a look in over Sterling, Silva and De Bruyne. It's not a position we really need to look at right now.

If he was a Left back then I'd be all for it.

You say he's a huge upgrade to Nasri but he's a bench warmer now. Would you really want City to buy your favourite player and have him sit on the bench all the time? This guy simply won't get a look in over Sterling, Silva and De Bruyne. It's not a position we really need to look at right now.

If he was a Left back then I'd be all for it.
Over Sterling? Haha...

Eh? am i getting this right, you think he would be ahead of Sterling or have i got this badly wrong ? :-D
Uh Yes he would. Sterling barely done anything this season other than that hat trick against Bournemouth. You can't judge a player that you've never watched. I've watched both players so I know my stuff.

Watch this clip, pretty much sums up Shatov as a player, yes the opposition isn't a 5 star opponent but still a must watch.

Now Shitov is better than Sterling, at this rate he'll be dethroning Messi next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.