Oleg Shatov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst Shatner played against the football behemoth of Gent, as well as Valencia and Lyon who couldn't manage more than ten points between them... Sterling played against serious European teams in Juventus, Sevilla and even the experienced 'Gladbach who had lost once since the end of September under Schubert. Don't give me thus bollocks about them being poor. Kums played for a side in their first ever Champions League season, on a minuscule budget, who somehow managed to qualify.

If you ask me, both Sterling and Kums achievements were better than Shatner; who is bankrolled by the Russian oligarchy in a mediocre league.

Its also funny to see that the fact three Zenit players aren't included in the Team of the Group stage as "farcical". Lol. Go and cry into your vodka or something, you Russian fanboy.
Прощай
Firstly I'm not Russian.

Secondly, there's no point bringing up Juventus because Sterling had no contribution against them. Thirdly, Gladbach are not "experienced", they are worse than Gent. Sevilla, I would say a great team, but this season? It's a completely different side, matching with their league performance. Sevilla are basically on Valencia's level this season.

Fourthly, a player's achievements should not matter on their "budget", it never has been. A player should be considered on the team of the season or whatever, based on what they've actually done.

Also Giroud should've been on the team as well, well ahead of Muller, which is another farce.

Firstly, Shatov has more overall "contributions" than Sterling, combining both Assists and Goals, even though he has played one less game. With creating chances, you have to look at how Zenit play in the CL. Zenit aren't an open attacking side unlike City. They are a side sitting on the break, waiting for an attacking opportunity. That's why Shatov has low chances created but high assist rate. Look at Witsel for example, he has 2 chances created but he has been a much better player if you watch him.

About Sterling being a better player, well that's your opinion.
giphy.gif

Firstly, Shatov has more overall "contributions" than Sterling, combining both Assists and Goals, even though he has played one less game. With creating chances, you have to look at how Zenit play in the CL. Zenit aren't an open attacking side unlike City. They are a side sitting on the break, waiting for an attacking opportunity. That's why Shatov has low chances created but high assist rate. Look at Witsel for example, he has 2 chances created but he has been a much better player if you watch him.

About Sterling being a better player, well that's your opinion.
He has created 3 times as many chances as Shitov. You can't just say;
...scored 2 goals and assisted 3, whilst creating chances.
When "creating chances" translates to 4.... Sterling may have just the one assist but with 12 chances created it's indicates it's not exactly his fault he's not credited with more.

• 2 goals, 3 assists and 4 chances created
  • 3 goals, 1 assist and 12 chances created

Sterling also scored more, 2 decisive goals to win the group and one away to Sevilla. Had he had the luxury of playing against Valencia, Gent and Lyon then he'd have blown Shitov out of the water more so than he already did at the tender age of 20/21.

You may see it as an opinion but it's fact. Messi is better than Billy Sharp, fact.

He has created 3 times as many chances as Shitov. You can't just say;

When "creating chances" translates to 4.... Sterling may have just the one assist but with 12 chances created it's indicates it's not exactly his fault he's not credited with more.

• 2 goals, 3 assists and 4 chances created
  • 3 goals, 1 assist and 12 chances created

Sterling also scored more, 2 decisive goals to win the group and one away to Sevilla. Had he had the luxury of playing against Valencia, Gent and Lyon then he'd have blown Shitov out of the water more so than he already did at the tender age of 20/21.

You may see it as an opinion but it's fact. Messi is better than Billy Sharp, fact.
Did you not read my post about Zenit's play style?

Did you not read my post about Zenit's play style?
Yes, did you not read my post about Sterling being the better player?

Against Seville City set up on the break, against Galdbach we had 10 men behind the ball to break down. Yet he still shone.

Also, I find it very unlikely that you as a CSKA fan are not also Russian.

Against Seville City set up on the break, against Galdbach we had 10 men behind the ball to break down. Yet he still shone.

Well, in fairness he could be Portuguese. Athur Jorge did coach CSKA for a bit. Maybe that's when he fell in love and never left :)

I'm not a CSKA fan at all. I created this account orginally as "CSKAFan", which was at the time when City had a game against CSKA and I wanted to get people's reaction to my posts, it was before City's game at Stadio Olimpico in Rome. At the time, people had anti-CSKA sentiment so I thought I'd test it, yes it was kind of childish but yeah. Why do you think I got my name changed? Since then, I don't think I've ever posted about CSKA since then, except the time they had games against United. Plus a CSKA fan would never big up any Zenit players, it'd be pretty much the opposite of what I've been doing.

Sterling is a good player but there's absolutely zero indication of him being better than Shatov. If you were to compare Assists and Goals, Shatov wins it but then again, these two players come from completely different leagues so it's pointless comparing them now. Let's wait for Shatov transfer to PL first.

Shatov has assisted the assister in a lot of instances this Champions League, which frankly wouldn't count as "chances created". For example, this beautiful pass.

I'm not a CSKA fan at all. I created this account orginally as "CSKAFan", which was at the time when City had a game against CSKA and I wanted to get people's reaction to my posts, it was before City's game at Stadio Olimpico in Rome. At the time, people had anti-CSKA sentiment so I thought I'd test it, yes it was kind of childish but yeah. Why do you think I got my name changed? Since then, I don't think I've ever posted about CSKA since then, except the time they had games against United. Plus a CSKA fan would never big up any Zenit players, it'd be pretty much the opposite of what I've been doing.

Sterling is a good player but there's absolutely zero indication of him being better than Shatov. If you were to compare Assists and Goals, Shatov wins it but then again, these two players come from completely different leagues so it's pointless comparing them now. Let's wait for Shatov transfer to PL first.

Shatov has assisted the assister in a lot of instances this Champions League, which frankly wouldn't count as "chances created". For example, this beautiful pass.

lolololol-gif.gif

To all of that utter tripe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.