Oleks Zinchenko - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was wrong about him. I thought he was bobbins. Hes proved me wrong completely, good on him and i hope he gets that new contract soon.

I wonder what would be his preferred position now? - I know he came to us as an attacking midfielder, and perhaps he still harbours hopes of playing as a 10, but he must know that in this team that is not going happen, because we have Silva- Silva- Foden ahead of him and the future is Foden. As it is ,he has carved out a role as an attacking left back - perfectly suited to play wide or come inside and he is part of a winning side- the only reason to move on would be if others came in who shifted him down the pecking order - in which case he moves elsewhere as an experienced Pep trained player with a winning mentality and becomes the main man in a good quality side anywhere in the world he wants to go.
I think under any other manager he would struggle as a fullback - Pep has his supplementing the midfield at every opportunity, he has rewritten what a fullback is about. He still plays for Ukraine as an attacking playmaker but as you rightly say he may find that path not clear with us. I just enjoy the way he plays, alway has a smile on his face and has talent - no doubts about that.

We have developed,and created,a 30m utility player with a fantastic determination and team orientated mentality.I would understand if he chose to pursue his career elsewhere as he'll never be an automatic choice here,however,i would love him to stay as you simply cant have enough born winners around your club.

I think under any other manager he would struggle as a fullback - Pep has his supplementing the midfield at every opportunity, he has rewritten what a fullback is about. He still plays for Ukraine as an attacking playmaker but as you rightly say he may find that path not clear with us. I just enjoy the way he plays, alway has a smile on his face and has talent - no doubts about that.
He plays DM for Ukraine these days.

He has been a revelation and it is testament to the lad that he chose to stay, believe in his own ability and look what has played out. He absolutely loves playing fir us and you can see that in his body language and personality

I am sure Pep is made up he wanted to stay and fight for a place

He plays DM for Ukraine these days.
Zinchenko plays mostly as 8/AM for Ukraine. The only recent game when he performed as a defensive mid was their match vs Luxembourg. Normally their DM is Taras Stepanenko from Shakhtar.

Last edited:
Zinchenko plays mostly as 8/AM for Ukraine. The only recent game when he performed as a defensive mid was their match vs Luxembourg. Normally their DM is Taras Stepanenko from Shakhtar.

He played defensive midfield vs. Portugal alongside Stepanenko. Practicallyl man marked Ronaldo out of the game.

He played defensive midfield vs. Portugal alongside Stepanenko. Practicallyl man marked Ronaldo out of the game.
I watched the full game, Ukraine played in a typical 433 with Zinchenko and Malinovskiy as 8s and Stepanenko as 6. Team defending deep doesn't mean its 8s should be classified as 'defensive midfielders'.

He didn't play a sole pivot, that's what matters, as it's the only type of DM that Pep uses.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.