Oleksandr Zinchenko - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just evident its time for the club to stop this square peg in round hole bollocks. For too long we've rolled the dice on playing players widely out of position. Just buy a LB now. It's not a criticism of Zinchenko, he just simply shouldn't be there.
I agree but the problem was that he and Delphinio covered the left back roll for two seasons so we never went in for a left back and preyed Mendy would get fit. ( they both did a good job for what its worth ).

It's a shame because I thought he really grew into the game. Wish he had a bit more confidence to pass inside, he obviously has it in him.

I think he has had a mare since the restart. His passing is all over the place. Even last night when we were cruising, I counted 4 missed passes that led directly to a counter attack. He was only on for a few minutes. This has been happening in every game. Use to be a strength and made up for his short comings as a defender. Sorry to say, I just see him as a liability at the moment. Love the lad and what he has done for us but now needs to shape up fast.

I think he has had a mare since the restart. His passing is all over the place. Even last night when we were cruising, I counted 4 missed passes that led directly to a counter attack. He was only on for a few minutes. This has been happening in every game. Use to be a strength and made up for his short comings as a defender. Sorry to say, I just see him as a liability at the moment. Love the lad and what he has done for us but now needs to shape up fast.
I think he'll go this summer.

Never tracks his runner when he moves inside. Look at the movement of Brooks for the Bournemouth goal and look at Zinchenko. He's not a defender.

He is a left midfielder in a team full of left midfielders, but appears unable to get into the team there.

I think he will end up back on the continent, possibly even his homeland, where his wife lives and works, I think.

Very one dimensional and has to maneuver himself into position to use his left leg for even the most mundane pass. That’s how he gets caught out sometimes.

We’ve turned down good money for him
In the past. Not sure we will again, given we need to rebuild.

He has a good couple of seasons filling in and I like him. However he isn’t good enough at this very top level. It’s time to let him go now and find someone better as Mendy can’t be trusted as No 1 LB due to being injured so often. We need a reliable left back who can share the load with Mendy but also play lots of games if he gets injured again.

I like the lad, I like his spirit to stay and fight, I think he's a good midfielder, and I think he did a great job filling in last season at LB, but he's not a LB, and I think we should cash in on him now, and for his own sake he needs to play in his natural position.

Imagine if Gundogan was playing right back for us, that's the reality of Zinchenko.

Play him in defensive midfield and I think we have a good player there, possibly can save us buying a player. Then we can buy an actual left back to give Mendy some competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.