Oleksandr Zinchenko | Joins Arsenal for £30m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having never really seen Zinchenko play midfield, I was shocked to see how good he was there in his last couple of internationals. What a cracking little player he is. Think it's actually testament to how good he is as a footballer that he does so well at left back.
He’s an outstanding footballer.

We would be absolutely fucking mental to lose him.

He is currently asked to perform multiple roles on the pitch at present. Moving him to the wing with a capable lb would pay dividends. He final ball is as good as anyone else in the team.

Sure, sometimes, when he's not shooting wildly into the stands instead of making a simple pass, or mindlessly conceding possession for no reason.

One of the reasons he gets so much space to affect the game is precisely because he (nominally) plays from fullback. Stick him out on the wing and he'll have someone marking him full-time and would lose a lot of what makes him a dangerous player in our system.

I couldn't agree more mate. I posted this in the 'Glory' thread, but it should have been in here:

"Zinchenko has been unbelievable for Ukraine in the games vs Scotland and Wales.
I haven't quite figured it out. Is he raising his game on Patriotic adrenalin? Or does he just shine because he's played among slightly lower tier players?
My gut says he should be playing more for City. Whatever is the correct interpretation, he's an absolute class act".

He’s an outstanding footballer.

We would be absolutely fucking mental to lose him.

Im obviously looking at this from an Arsenal fans point of view, but to me in those games he seemed like he would replace Xhaka in our team with greater mobility and less brain farts, with the added bonus of covering left back when Tierney gets his inevitable injury. However, he seems wasted to play left back full time for me.

My fear is that with Roma getting Matic, the escape route for Xhaka has now been closed off, which means any hope of a Zinchenko deal is closed off as well.

Glad to see if (and it’s a big if) Zinchenko goes it’s for good money! Should be £35-40m easily.
Would be gutted to see him go as he is such a decent guy but I suspect he will want to play a bigger role somewhere else. If so fair Fkucs.

Just hope we can add a decent LB.

I can’t help but feel a lot of peoples views are clouded by how much they like Zin as a person over his actual ability.
I don’t think he’s an exceptional player but I just don’t think we can afford to lose him for this particular season that’s coming regardless of whether we sign Cucurella or not. And the added bonus of him not playing the World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.