Oleksandr Zinchenko | Joins Arsenal for £30m

Status
Not open for further replies.
no way pep using 5 subs he more often than not doesnt use any
Pep made 154 of a maximum 205 subs, 75%.
Not too low that number IMO.

Next season we can start with the same X plus Haaland/Alvarez and give new players first minutes as subs. Couldn't be better!

My understanding was we accepted the offer but Zinny refused to go to Wolves. I think Pol Ballus said that City were a bit annoyed because it was a huge fee for someone like him.

Not aware of the one 2 years ago myself.

There was a wolves transfer on the cards like 4 years ago, after his first season with us back from loan. City accepted a bid of somewhere around 16-18m for him, after he had discussions with them. At the time, it was actually a significant fee for a player that cost 1.7m and had one season at the club, filled in at LB once Delph got injured.

But Zinch decided to stay and fight for his place, and ended up winning starting some 20 games, winning the domestic sweep, and earning himself a new contract offer.

There may have been offers after that, I don't remember them.

Either way, this is an occasion where Pol Ballus is most likely talking shit.

If the managers of top clubs rated Zinchenko as highly as some on here, we could sell him for 70m. In reality, we won't get more than 35m.

Given the fee we paid for Zinchenko and his attitude, he was a great signing. But he can and will be upgraded this summer.

Why do we sell so many squad players this summer? Well, except for Jesus, they failed us vs Liverpool at Wembley and vs Real. When Ferna and Zinchenko weren't on the pitch at Bernabeu, we were solid in defence. After they came in, we conceded 3 goals in 8 minutes. Same story in the 1st half vs Liverpool where we had to play with Ake, Zinch and Ferna. 3:0 down at half time. Same story at WHam - 2:0 down at half time.

With Ortega, Fillips, Cucurella and say Torres we can hopefully improve our squad options. Looking forward to next season.

I love Zin and hope he stays, but he (as with Ake) seem to have morphed into some elite level starting first team players, which quite frankly neither are. Great squad players and capable of doing a job, but losing either (as long as they are replaced) is not going to be the underlying factor to any success or failure this season. Bring in a proper LB and let Zin cover and im happy.
I wouldn’t put Zin in the same bucket as Ake.

Zin has shown over multiple seasons that he 100% belongs at our level. He may never be out-and-out 1st choice LB but he plays around 50% of our Prem games and his fair share of CL games. He very rarely lets us down and is a valuable member of the squad. Some would even argue he should play more than he does.

Ake found a bit of form in the 2nd half of last season but getting our money back in him would be good business.

This would be a tough one to swallow but he's good enough to be a regular starter for any of the other 19 clubs, so I can't blame him for wanting more game time after 4 years of being back-up

I think we'll miss having him round as much as we will Jesus

Be a massive shame to lose him - especially to those entitled pricks - but can't really argue with it if he wants more playing time.

Pep deciding to turn a RB into a LB last season instead of trusting in him was always the writing on the wall for him. Pep very clearly does not see him as the answer.

So it's all down to what Zinchenko wants. Is he happy knowing he will never be more than squad cover or does he want to go and be first choice somewhere else? I really wouldn't begrudge the lad wanting to put his career first and be first choice somewhere, maybe even in his preferred midfield position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.