Oleksandr Zinchenko | Joins Arsenal for £30m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be a massive shame to lose him - especially to those entitled pricks - but can't really argue with it if he wants more playing time.
My guess is that he won’t want to leave unless either we win the CL or he goes to a club that is in the running to win it.

Should we ever win the CL and OZ is still with us, then he would move somewhere else to play more.

I’ll be surprised if we do get more than 35m for him

And we wouldn't be able to replace him for less than 45m, and that's just in one position. Plus then the bedding in time at the same time as another 4-6 new arrivals in one season.

Unless he really wants to go, which nothing suggests is the case, it would be silly business

That unfortunately isn't even remotely true.
It's not, I don't think, most don't want him to go at all. A few realise if he wants to go we may let him. Monetary value people quote will be what they think we realistically can get Not what they value him at for us.Being realistic I don't want him to leave , if he does want to I'd expect about £40 mill, that's not me valuing him though.

No it won't be smaller than last year, and it was only reduced last year because we suspended Mendy.

Probably not by the end of the window, thatbis fair to say.

But the squad is currently 2 players smaller than it was last year. If we bring in Cucurella, still have a NHG space to play with.

Which means if we sell Ake we need to buy 3 players just to get to the same squad size as last year, which was already smaller than any other under Pep. 4 players, if Zincheko goes as well.

That is bringing in 8 new players in one window. Or, bringing in less and going wirh a smaller squad.

Probably not by the end of the window, thatbis fair to say.

But the squad is currently 2 players smaller than it was last year. If we bring in Cucurella, still have a NHG space to play with.

Which means if we sell Ake we need to buy 3 players just to get to the same squad size as last year, which was already smaller than any other under Pep. 4 players, if Zincheko goes as well.

That is bringing in 8 new players in one window. Or, bringing in less and going wirh a smaller squad.
Yes if they all go and we bring in 2 a left back and centre back and Ake and Zinchenko go we'll be at 19 players that have to be registered ( not counting HG u21) Last season we had 21 but that included, I think, Mendy and Torres. So if we end up like that it will be the same as last year but with an older Palmer and Mcatee. So the same really, and apart from those last few weeks when all the defence got injured at the same time including Ake we were okay.

This "he gets us" thing only exists in the heads of some of us fans.
These are professional footballers, the only thing they get is what is best for their careers and bank balances.
We've seen plenty of examples of this down the years.

If it is as black and white as that, then all fans are simply glory hunting self-centred lumps that give zero fucks about the club other than for fulfilling their own innate sense of tribalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.