Oleksandr Zinchenko | Joins Arsenal for £30m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe unpopular but the way the board has treated Zinchenko has been borderline disgraceful.

You've had players come in left, right and center who perform for a single season and almost immediately are given extensions. Meanwhile Zin has continued to keep his head down and perform 90% of the time, and not woman and moan like some others(Cancelo/Laporte). Disappointing how many blues are willing to toss him to the curb for a player who was liking tweets about joining City while still a Brighton player. As much as Bernardo probably wants to join Barca, can you imagine if he did that?

I'd be gutted to see him go but 100% understand that he wants to feel valued. The guy is on peanuts compared to the rest of the squad. I can't imagine it would be terribly hard to get him locked down IF we wanted it to happen.
Fucking hell you’re loopy.

He’s never been as impostant to the club as Stones or Laporte when they signed their contracts nor as important as Bernardo or Cancelo have ever been.

The lad gets paid handsomely, plays semi-regularly, and wins major trophies every year. He’s also free to leave whenever he wishes.

What a disgraceful way to treat a player.

He’s loved by fans and even though some want us to sign a new LB, don’t forget people have wanted upgrades on Gündogan, Mahrez, Ederson, Laporte, Sterling and Jesus in the past.

Yes if they all go and we bring in 2 a left back and centre back and Ake and Zinchenko go we'll be at 19 players that have to be registered ( not counting HG u21) Last season we had 21 but that included, I think, Mendy and Torres. So if we end up like that it will be the same as last year but with an older Palmer and Mcatee. So the same really, and apart from those last few weeks when all the defence got injured at the same time including Ake we were okay.

C'mon, it is obviously not the same, is it. McAtee and Palmer were there last year, oh look we have 2 players less but we don't because those 2 are still here. Before you even consider what positons they play in.

Just like you, I am not at all concerned about squad size, because there is some 50 days left ofntransfer business. It is simply a comment on the state of it at this point in time. And how many new players would need to come in if Zinchenko is another that leaves.

I can't imagine bringing in 7 new players in one window full stop, never mind bringing in 7 new players and ending up with a smaller squad and free spaces for senior players.

I'm sure it won't happen.

Cucu in, Ake swap, and done. 4FBs, 4CBs, 2MF, the rest is up to Pep spread as he sees fit. Leaves a space to play with for replacing Raz at some point, or strengthening elsewhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: kun
I don’t think we’d be buying him.

We'll never know. I disagree, he's the ideal Pep player that he would be after, and if he played for another club the same people pissing on him here would be creaming themselves at the prospect of a versatile, flexible, reaonably creative warrior of a player that can pass just like pep wants.

I love Zinchenko, both on on and off the pitch, but people need to be realistic about him.

As long as he's been here, Pep has never shown any inclination of even considering to use him in midfield on the wing. He's a makeshift left back in Pep's system, a tidy player but one with some deficiencies that can't be ignored.

Is he a great guy? Absolutely. Is he easy to root for? 100%. Does he give it all for the shirt? He does, and I admire that, but stick me out there at LB and I'd give everything I had as well, and trust me that wouldn't end well.

If Cucurella is coming in, it doesn't make sense for player or club to have Zin as a 3rd choice left back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.