Oleksandr Zinchenko | Joins Arsenal for £30m

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think so at all. He’s no a left back but has done very well to play there for as long as he has for City. He’s very limited and gets ripped apart when attacked. He’s a top bloke and he has more heart than 90% of the team but run his career 100 times and in 90 of them he doesn’t stay at City as long as he has. He follows any number of CFG players than City sign and never play a dozen games for us.

If he was the ideal Pep player then we wouldn’t be replacing him at 25 and we wouldn’t have agreed a fee with Wolves for him two years ago.

I admire your obvious loyalty to players as they leave City but it’s sadly likely very one sided but fair fucks to you for feeling what you do about so many of our players.

Erm, thanks I guess? If you want my complete honesty, I feel many of our fanbase (on here at least) do not deserve some of our players that have won the club the trophies.

I have no issue with any ayer leaving btw, never have. For whatever reason.

Last edited:
On what premises are people putting a price on him. He will go at the price City are prepared to sell and the price some club are willing to pay

If he goes, we'll be leaving ourselves light at the back. Zinny and Ake possibly (probably?) going. And, realistically, will Mendy be back irrespective of the outcome of his legal issues at the moment? Yes, Cucurella may well be coming. But even if he does, that's one defender in, possibly 3 out.

If he goes, we'll be leaving ourselves light at the back. Zinny and Ake possibly (probably?) going. And, realistically, will Mendy be back irrespective of the outcome of his legal issues at the moment? Yes, Cucurella may well be coming. But even if he does, that's one defender in, possibly 3 out.
Don’t think you get day release from HMP if found guilty regardless of your profession

I don’t think so at all. He’s no a left back but has done very well to play there for as long as he has for City. He’s very limited and gets ripped apart when attacked. He’s a top bloke and he has more heart than 90% of the team but run his career 100 times and in 90 of them he doesn’t stay at City as long as he has. He follows any number of CFG players than City sign and never play a dozen games for us.

If he was the ideal Pep player then we wouldn’t be replacing him at 25 and we wouldn’t have agreed a fee with Wolves for him two years ago.

I admire your obvious loyalty to players as they leave City but it’s sadly likely very one sided but fair fucks to you for feeling what you do about so many of our players.

Fwiw, I don't disagree with your running his career 100 times analogy.

everything he does is exactly what Pep wants from a player.

He would be more than a squad player if this were true. Pep wants more from his first choice LB and midfielders. A RB like Cancelo played over 4000 minutes last season precisely because Zinchenko is not exactly what Pep wants from a player. He is a squad player for a reason.

Which strongly suggests Ake’s replacement will be a left sided defender

Erm, thanks I guess? If you want my complete honesty, I feel many of our fanbase (on here at least) do not deserve some of our players that have won the club the trophies.

I have no issue with any ayer leaving btw, never have. For whatever reason.
I also feel that many players in this sport don’t deserve the fans they have as they see their career as being purely transactional. Very very few professionals care as much about the team as the average fan does.

Zinchenko appears to be one of those but if he decides to leave then it won’t weaken us, in my opinion.

We aren't running a fucking charity. Spare me the "but, but, but he loves the club". There's plenty to love about Zinchenko both on and off the pitch without diving into that level of hyperbole.

IF we can get a good replacement and a good price this all makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.