Oleksandr Zinchenko | Joins Arsenal for £30m

Status
Not open for further replies.
C'mon, it is obviously not the same, is it. McAtee and Palmer were there last year, oh look we have 2 players less but we don't because those 2 are still here. Before you even consider what positons they play in.

Just like you, I am not at all concerned about squad size, because there is some 50 days left ofntransfer business. It is simply a comment on the state of it at this point in time. And how many new players would need to come in if Zinchenko is another that leaves.

I can't imagine bringing in 7 new players in one window full stop, never mind bringing in 7 new players and ending up with a smaller squad and free spaces for senior players.

I'm sure it won't happen.

Cucu in, Ake swap, and done. 4FBs, 4CBs, 2MF, the rest is up to Pep spread as he sees fit. Leaves a space to play with for replacing Raz at some point, or strengthening elsewhere.
I think we agree overall. I'm not saying Palmer and Mcatee make up for the 2 we would be down. If we are 2 down, I don't think we will be, i9f we are I'm saying 2 of last years squad were Torres and Mendy who even before January hardly contributed, and after January not at all so last year we never really had 21 either..

I also feel that many players in this sport don’t deserve the fans they have as they see their career as being purely transactional. Very very few professionals care as much about the team as the average fan does.

Zinchenko appears to be one of those but if he decides to leave then it won’t weaken us, in my opinion.

I don't think you understand the qualities both physical and psychological that combine to make elite professionals.

At least the post I am replying to would indicate that.

I don't think you understand the qualities both physical and psychological that combine to make elite professionals.

At least the post I am replying to would indicate that.
I think I have a fair idea. I don’t think you understand what elite athletes say when they’re not on show.

The lad deserves a pay rise not selling on.
I'm at a lose end at the minute, so if City need me to answer the phones and tell people to fuck off, I'm there, no charge.

Zinchenko appears to be one of those but if he decides to leave then it won’t weaken us, in my opinion.

Depends on who we bring in. On top of Cucurella imo, although not strictly another LB.

That in fairness is not something I had argued at any point. I trust the club pretty openly. It is more the effort people go to rubbish him and his contribution I was responding to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.