Oleksandr Zinchenko | Joins Arsenal for £30m

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right I don't know if another LB would have got caught sleeping...but the fact still remains it was Zin who did...its not a random isolated moment...its a title deciding play that because of his lack of pace and instinct at that position cost us dearly...I'm not placing the blame for the loss on him but merely pointing out that when someone is asked to perform outside the realm of their comfort zone at this level it can be fatal...Pep put him there, so kudos to him for stepping up...but please don't try to sell me on Zinny or Cancelo for that matter as reliable defenders in those type of situations...you can like who you want as can I but clearly the club feels some upgrades are necessary...
All I'm saying is keep both, one for the other doesn't make sense. Have a profile that can offer something different, because I disagree on it being a complete upgrade, it's just different profiles. Why lose one for peanuts and lose depth, especially in this world cup year.

Because one plays under Pep Guardiola, that tells me he has high IQ. Because a player who could have been any CFG fodder stayed and played left back and did so at a high level. That tells me he has a high IQ, because he is able to understand a very demanding role, that's how too. Is that enough? Or do you want me to ask him for a test?

Players with a higher understanding of the game are able to play multiple positions, Cucurella has played left back all his years and has had one solid season at a midtable club in Prem but I'm supposed to believe he's the hidden gem being slept on by entire Europe to come replace a player already doing a job.
So basically you invented that Zinny has a higher soccer IQ than Cucurella?...as for whether you believe he's a gem or not, no offense, but I'm sure City could give a crap...if the most talented team with the most talented coach in Europe comes calling for you I'd hardly call that being slept on...was all of Europe sleeping on Dias?...Rodri?...exactly...its what what City does, uncover younger gems...its part of what sets them apart and helps drive their success...c'mon fella...please sop...

All I'm saying is keep both, one for the other doesn't make sense. Have a profile that can offer something different, because I disagree on it being a complete upgrade, it's just different profiles. Why lose one for peanuts and lose depth, especially in this world cup year.
That's a whole different issue...I'm not advocating we sell him...I don't believe City are actively shopping him either...but if he wants out then it is what it is...how's slagging off Cucurella change Zin's mind?

That's a whole different issue...I'm not advocating we sell him...I don't believe City are actively shopping him either...but if he wants out then it is what it is...how's slagging off Cucurella change Zin's mind?
It's not slagging anyone off. It's respecting that we already have a very good option and that we're adding another to our depth for competition, Cucurella is a different profile, so is Zin, one understands the system and is trusted, the other still has to come in and adapt, there's multiple factors. At all cost our depth is important and what has set us apart in terms of competing for the league. Doesn't make sense to lose one for the other even if you perceive it as an upgrade.

It's not slagging anyone off. It's respecting that we already have a very good option and that we're adding another to our depth for competition, Cucurella is a different profile, so is Zin, one understands the system and is trusted, the other still has to come in and adapt, there's multiple factors. At all cost our depth is important and what has set us apart in terms of competing for the league. Doesn't make sense to lose one for the other even if you perceive it as an upgrade.
Understood, but City expressed their interest in Cucurella weeks ago...he's being pursued to replace he who shall not be named, not Zinchenko...as of now we have 3 experienced first team FBs...we absolutely can make due with another one...if this makes Zinchenko want away then so be it...its understandable but at the same time no one player is going to dictate terms to City...let's say Walker gets shelved for 6 weeks with a hamstring...are you OK with Cancelo and Zinchenko playing every game with no experienced cover?...this isn't about Cucurells because he's coming...its about how and who do you replace Zinchenko with if he insists on leaving...As I said about Ake too, I would love for both to stay, but if they want out they need to be replaced no questions asked...JMO...

I'm not trying to abuse you or anyone else...its not in my world where Cucurella is a much more highly rated LB than Zinchenko...its the real world...my saying that isn't a show of bravado...its just me expressing an opinion that in this case puts me in the majority...I respect you sticking to your opinion, but you trying to dismiss my opinion as radical or off the wall considering the realities of the matter might suggest you're the one expressing some bravado...just sayin'...
It’s not as simple as that though.

If we keep Zinchenko and Cancelo at left back, we’ve got a damn good chance of retaining the league.

Replacing Zinchenko with Cucurella doesn’t guarantee anything more.

I’ve not dismissed your opinion, I’m asking you to explain why you think we need to replace OZ with MC.

If MC comes in and plays the majority of matches, that impacts KW and Cancelo. How happy will they be playing 30% less?

Its all hypothetical at this stage, but upsetting our two right backs might be as counter productive as buying a slightly better left back who has to play more.

It’s not as simple as that though.

If we keep Zinchenko and Cancelo at left back, we’ve got a damn good chance of retaining the league.

Replacing Zinchenko with Cucurella doesn’t guarantee anything more.

I’ve not dismissed your opinion, I’m asking you to explain why you think we need to replace OZ with MC.

If MC comes in and plays the majority of matches, that impacts KW and Cancelo. How happy will they be playing 30% less?

Its all hypothetical at this stage, but upsetting our two right backs might be as counter productive as buying a slightly better left back who has to play more.
But I don't believe Cucurella to be replacing Zinchenko...he's coming in to fill the hole left by you know who...3 FBs is not enough...

Even if Zinny doesn't go, we need another FB. At the end of last season just take a look at how many full backs we had? Suspensions and injuries can pile up.... it's a long season, with a world cup in the middle of it. 3 FB's isn't enough. Cucurella could be absolutely key. I don't want us to be right down the bare bone again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.