Oleksandr Zinchenko | Joins Arsenal for £30m

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a little bit of a reality check is in order.

The claim we are all talking about literally says 'it will be interesting to see if a bid from arsenal is forthcoming, and then, if Zinchenko would agree to a move away'.

The headline, thread title change, and the other claims out there all stem from a very guarded claim that says little, at this stage.

Not saying he is unlikely to leave, and it looks well like there is significant momentum maybe. But let's hold off the goodbyes and the hoorays, as this might drag on before anything happens, or doesn't. It was only yeaterday that everything was agreed with Chelsea for Ake, yet today he is expected to stay.
Jack Gaughan, the best journo for City news now, says "Zinchenko is expected to complete a move to Arsenal". Barring a wild late change this is happening. The only reason Ake isn't going is because we priced Chelsea out. There's no indication of that happening with this deal.

Edit: Just saw you missed the Gaughan news, nevermind.

Jack Gaughan, the best journo for City news now, says "Zinchenko is expected to complete a move to Arsenal". Barring a wild late change this is happening. The only reason Ake isn't going is because we priced Chelsea out. There's no indication of that happening with this deal.

Edit: Just saw you missed the Gaughan news, nevermind.

I saw the tweet posted, but it was linked to one from May which I didn't realise was the older one, thought it was from today.

Neither, we could have registered you in that period and not in the squad for the season.

If the intention to go with 4 FBs for the season was so important, we would have bought another full back before the window closed.
Registering me would have been a complete waste of time seeing that I'm way past my playing prime and never played above the youth set up for a 3rd division team even then...

Honestly, I don't think it will end up quickly. IMO Arsenal will be playing lowballs, whilst City wants 35m£. IMO we would accept 28-30M£...

Honestly, I don't think it will end up quickly. IMO Arsenal will be playing lowballs, whilst City wants 35m£. IMO we would accept 28-30M£...
They coughed up the fee for Jesus. I suspect they’ll do the same for Zinchenko. £35M seems reasonable to me. I think the club have shown with Ake that if the valuation isn’t met we won’t sell.

I will miss Zin, but I do think Arsenal is a good landing spot for him if Cucurella is coming in, and £35M is a fair fee.

Great move for Zin, to a great club and a manager who knows him well and, based on the proposed transfer fee, think he is good enough to play regularly. As Tierney is left back I wonder if he will feature in midfield more often, bar covering for Tierney and the inevitable injuries.

One thing I would say about this window were losing a lot of ‘good eggs’ from the dressing room. Hope it wont dent the team spirit/camaraderie losing such big personalities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.