Oleksandr Zinchenko | Joins Arsenal for £30m

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won’t. Great guy and a great servant but has always had issues in losing possession when pressed. Looks good going forward but not so in reverse. Good luck Zincs I really wish you and you country the very best.
His defensive game improved drastically in the last 18 months......
Think your assessment is extremely harsh infact.....He has his weaknesses at fullback (not surprising) and the main one being a lack of pace, but his positioning, tackling use of the ball especially in tight areas and incisive passing is excellent. He is comfortable under pressure with the ball as well and despite not being a left back he is a much better option than Mendy (even if he were available).

He has played a huge part in the Prem wins we have over the last few years and you dont do that playing out of position in a Pep team if you arent a hell of a footballer.

Bit gutted to see him go, seems the perfect pro and has very distinctive playing style which is easy on the eye. Think it makes sense however, someone with his quality should be playing every week. 30 million for a squad player is hard to reject.

His defensive game improved drastically in the last 18 months......
Think your assessment is extremely harsh infact.....He has his weaknesses at fullback (not surprising) and the main one being a lack of pace, but his positioning, tackling use of the ball especially in tight areas and incisive passing is excellent. He is comfortable under pressure with the ball as well and despite not being a left back he is a much better option than Mendy (even if he were available).

He has played a huge part in the Prem wins we have over the last few years and you dont do that playing out of position in a Pep team if you arent a hell of a footballer.
Appreciate the response and your opinion, can’t change mine though, from FA cup final against Watford to semi against bin dippers. It’s in his game I’m afraid but I wish him the very best in football and life, cheers Alex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.