Oleksandr Zinchenko | Joins Arsenal for £30m

Status
Not open for further replies.
His attacking stats back up that he’s been an important player for us again last season

I’d imagine those who don’t rate him are looking at what he can’t do, those who rate him probably look at what he can do

View attachment 49953
It's not a case of not rating him. It's the fact that posts like this crop up, Zinny gets lauded for being a world class player as opposed to a good squad player and history of his contributions are exaggerated.

Yes in full bank ranks those stats make him look like a world beater. But how many games did he play against the top 6? Any others apart from the 2nd half against 10 man Arsenal?

In fact let's dig a bit deeper. He played 7th placed West Ham and was all over the place against Bowen, he played 8th placed Leicester and was at fault for their 2nd goal when he gave the ball away and then got skinned by Maddison. The only other top 10 team he started against was Wolves.

Last edited:
It's not a case of not rating him. It's the fact that posts like this crop up, Zinny gets lauded for being a world class player as opposed to a good squad player and history of his contributions are exaggerated.

Yes in full bank ranks those stats make him look like a world beater. But how many games did he play against the top 6? Any others apart from the 2nd half against 10 man Arsenal?
Has anyone said he’s a world class? I’ve not read that myself mate. I like the guy but he’s certainly replaceable

His contributions over the past 6 years have been pretty much always positive. There’s only a handful of games he’s had his arse handed to him, he’s dependable, not a world class player, so maybe he’s a world class squad member ;)

It’s a cyclical argument though. If we’re selling him because he didn’t play against the top 6, who are you dropping to play Cucurella in those games?

Sure, it gives us rotation options, but we already had those with OZ.

Pep didn’t seem to want to rest Walker nor Cancelo last season and they both ran out of steam towards the end of the season.

If signing Cucurella means we rotate fullbacks better, then it’s a really good signing.

That just looks wrong......

View attachment 49933

200.gif

Has anyone said he’s a world class? I’ve not read that myself mate. I like the guy but he’s certainly replaceable

His contributions over the past 6 years have been pretty much always positive. There’s only a handful of games he’s had his arse handed to him, he’s dependable, not a world class player, so maybe he’s a world class squad member ;)
On this thread alone you have people claiming he is our best ever left back, that he's been integral to our league titles, that he was the biggest factor to our 20+ winning streak.

He's been solid no doubt but christ they must have been watching a different player to the very limited one who did a good job for us

It’s a cyclical argument though. If we’re selling him because he didn’t play against the top 6, who are you dropping to play Cucurella in those games?

Sure, it gives us rotation options, but we already had those with OZ.

Pep didn’t seem to want to rest Walker nor Cancelo last season and they both ran out of steam towards the end of the season.

If signing Cucurella means we rotate fullbacks better, then it’s a really good signing.
I think Pep didn't play him because he isn't good enough against the top 6.

The issue for us this season is we need our full backs to provide in an attacking sense for Haaland. What we saw last season was when Cancelo didn't play left back the attacking threat dried up from that position when Zinchenko played.

We need consistency when Pep rotates and Cucurella should provide that.

In fact let's dig a bit deeper. He played 7th placed West Ham and was all over the place against Bowen, he played 8th placed Leicester and was at fault for their 2nd goal when he gave the ball away and then got skinned by Maddison. The only other top 10 team he started against was Wolves.
He played ahead of cancelo vs Chelsea in a champs league final.

He bossed Liverpool last season too.

I think Pep didn't play him because he isn't good enough against the top 6.

The issue for us this season is we need our full backs to provide in an attacking sense for Haaland. What we saw last season was when Cancelo didn't play left back the attacking threat dried up from that position when Zinchenko played.

We need consistency when Pep rotates and Cucurella should provide that.
Maybe. He’s been used in big games before and hasn’t let us down.

There was a denate the other day about comparing attacking stats on Cucurella vs Zinchenko. They were broadly similar per 90 minutes barring crosses completed. That was more down to us not having a striker, in my eyes.

Anyway, it seems as though we are swapping to Cucurella, so as I said before, hopefully rotation is more even.

He played ahead of cancelo vs Chelsea in a champs league final.

He bossed Liverpool last season too.
It's safe to say Pep didn't exactly cover himself in glory for that CL team selection.

He didn't play against Liverpool last season unless you mean the semi final we lost?

Maybe. He’s been used in big games before and hasn’t let us down.

There was a denate the other day about comparing attacking stats on Cucurella vs Zinchenko. They were broadly similar per 90 minutes barring crosses completed. That was more down to us not having a striker, in my eyes.

Anyway, it seems as though we are swapping to Cucurella, so as I said before, hopefully rotation is more even.
See for me those stats would be more Zinchenko only playing against the likes of Norwich, Watford etc but that's by the by. I think with Cucurella we will see a lot more rotation and hopefully a lot less burn out from our full backs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.