Oleksandr Zinchenko | Joins Arsenal for £30m

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was because we didn’t have a defensive midfielder, Stones missed an interception and the whole back line was out of position, but sure, Zinchenko should have been covering the right centre back position better.

It was also Zinchenko’s fault Raz hid for 90 mins and everyone else shit the bed too.

As you said, it was hardly his fault but hey it fits a narrative for some I guess. Probably the same ones who say he’s not a left back.

It was also Zinchenko’s fault Raz hid for 90 mins and everyone else shit the bed too.

As you said, it was hardly his fault but hey it fits a narrative for some I guess. Probably the same ones who say he’s not a left back.
He could have done better. That bit is true, but it’s also true that if your defence is positioned how it was in that moment that a goal would probably result 95% of the time.

I remember the time we tried to sell him but he flat out refused and said he was going to force his way I but I the squad, and he did.
He has an attitude that money just can’t buy. It’ll be a shame if he leaves us but if that’s his wish he should go with our blessing
Pep has given him and Hart the options to leave in the past, Hart was told he could go but if he stayed Pep would make him one of the best keepers around. Hart decided to sulk and leave, look how that turned out for him. Zinchenko like you say, said he wanted to stay and fight for his place and he followed through with that perfectly.
I'm with you, really don’t want him to go as it’s clear he loves not only the club but the fans too, but if his dream is to play in midfield and get more game time then we can’t stand in his way. He’s given us his all and not moaned about playing in defence, he’s shown the perfect attitude on and off the field.
He may not be a City superstar but for me he leaves with the upmost respect and gratitude.

I like Zincs attitude and commitment a lot, and as has been said, he helped transform the Villa match. However I can understand that he wants game time in his preferred position, and I have confidence that we’ll have his position covered, with a squad upgrade.
I doubt he does, but is being told his game time will be even less than last season.

Pep has given him and Hart the options to leave in the past, Hart was told he could go but if he stayed Pep would make him one of the best keepers around. Hart decided to sulk and leave, look how that turned out for him. Zinchenko like you say, said he wanted to stay and fight for his place and he followed through with that perfectly.
I'm with you, really don’t want him to go as it’s clear he loves not only the club but the fans too, but if his dream is to play in midfield and get more game time then we can’t stand in his way. He’s given us his all and not moaned about playing in defence, he’s shown the perfect attitude on and off the field.
He may not be a City superstar but for me he leaves with the upmost respect and gratitude.
Hart wasn’t told that at all tbf.
He was explicitly told he wouldnt play a single game even in the Carabao, and was politely persuaded to fuck right off, with us subsidising his big wages for the entire remainder of his contract.
He was made an example of to assert the new manager’s authority.
And before anyone starts, I think this may even have been justified. Harsh but maybe necessary
Sad to see Zinny go but it’s for the best, no need to invent fairytales throwing other great City servants under the bus in the process

On this thread alone you have people claiming he is our best ever left back, that he's been integral to our league titles, that he was the biggest factor to our 20+ winning streak.

He's been solid no doubt but christ they must have been watching a different player to the very limited one who did a good job for us

This is typical social media bollocks. You get one or two people out of thousands saying something extreme about any topic, then 20 or 30 pile on, then a few hundred pile on them. It's so predictable it's depressing.

If someone wants to make an extreme point, be a grown up and ignore it. It doesn't add anything to any discussion to highlight it by trying to refute what is, after all, just some crazy person's opinion.

Not aimed at you, by the way, Paul, just a general comment.

I agree but the rest of the team barring Kev (who was kicked out of the game) didn't perform either.

I agree. It was a strange selection Pep made too.

As much as I like him as a person Zincy offer very little either defensively because he is weak and has no pace or out wide where he rarely get to the by-line. When he drops into midfield as Pep likes his fullbacks to do he does quite well supplimenting our midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.