Oleksandr Zinchenko | Joins Arsenal for £30m

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF we were to lose Zinchenko, we would be down to 2 natural FB's - we would surely need to be after another two full backs?

I know Cancelo can cover both RB and LB, but if last year is anything to go by Walker isn't going to be able to play 80- 90% of the games especially with it being a world cup year. So even if we do sign Cucurella it's putting a lot of pressure on Cancelo (who again will be playing every game for Portugal in the WC) to stay fit and perform.

Unless Pep has plans to promote a youngster, I think we need to be targeting another plus Cucurella - we don't ideally want Ake and Stones playing FBs if we can help it?

Thoughts?

IF we were to lose Zinchenko, we would be down to 2 natural FB's - we would surely need to be after another two full backs?

I know Cancelo can cover both RB and LB, but if last year is anything to go by Walker isn't going to be able to play 80- 90% of the games especially with it being a world cup year. So even if we do sign Cucurella it's putting a lot of pressure on Cancelo (who again will be playing every game for Portugal in the WC) to stay fit and perform.

Unless Pep has plans to promote a youngster, I think we need to be targeting another plus Cucurella - we don't ideally want Ake and Stones playing FBs if we can help it?

Thoughts?
It's when not if on Zinny. And I think keeping Ake around has the club thinking we just need the one left back because both Cancelo and Ake can play there.

Thoughts?
You seem to have forgotten a Mr Ake is now staying

Thoughts?
i Can't really remember when we last had 4 functioning full backs. Zinchenko didn't actually play that much last season. So if Cucerella comes and plays regularly we are actually better off than last season and a 4th full back wouldn't play very much if at all.

I don't believe Pep came in and just told Hart he was done to make an example out of him, it's completely the opposite of everythign we know about Pep as a manager.

I expect Pep arrived and told Hart he wasn't good enough with his feet to be number 1, and Hart was presented with a choice of accepting that and working incredibly hard as a 2nd or 3rd choice keeper to improve a part of his game that was terrible, or acting out, and he chose the latter.

The irony is that his decision to not stay as 2nd/3rd choice keeper has left lead to him spending 5 years bouncing around clubs as 3rd choice and Bravo struggled so much Hart probably would have come back in at some point that season if he'd just been more grown up about things.

It would have taken a lot more than just Hart being grown up about it. It would have taken the fanbase being grown-up about it too. Wouldn't have worked imo, and he had to go. There is every chance Pep treated it as such too, something Hart has quite openly said at various points.

We're not short anywhere if we can bring Cucurella (or another LB) in.

20 man squad for heavy rotation as follows:

Ederson (GK)
Ortega (GK)
Carson (GK)

Walker (RB)
Cancelo (LB or RB)
Cucurella (LB)
Stones (CB or RB)
Ake (CB or LB)
Dias (CB)
Laporte (CB)

Rodri (DM)
Phillips (DM)

KDB (RCM)
Bernardo (LCM, RAM or LAM)
Gundogan (LCM)

Foden (LAM, RAM, RCM, CF)
Grealish (LAM)
Mahrez (RAM)

Haaland (CF)
Alvarez (CF, RAM, LAM)

Additional youth team players for occasional introduction / injury cover:

Palmer (RAM, RCM)
McAtee (CAM, RAM)
Kaboré (RB)
Mbete (CB)

Not only zero holes, IMO, and I'd back that squad against any other in the PL.

Ederson (GK)
Ortega (GK)
Carson (GK)

Walker (RB)
Cancelo (LB or RB)
Cucurella (LB)
Stones (CB or RB)
Ake (CB or LB)
Dias (CB)
Laporte (CB)

Rodri (DM)
Phillips (DM)

KDB (RCM)
Gundogan (LCM)

Grealish (LAM)
Mahrez (RAM)

Haaland (CF)
Alvarez (CF, RAM, LAM)

Palmer (RAM, RCM)
McAtee (CAM, RAM)
Kaboré (RB)
Mbete (CB)

Kabore is still on loan for another year, he wont be here.

Ederson (GK)
Ortega (GK)
Carson (GK)

Walker (RB)
Cancelo (LB or RB)
Cucurella (LB)
Stones (CB or RB)
Ake (CB or LB)
Dias (CB)
Laporte (CB)

Rodri (DM)
Phillips (DM)

KDB (RCM)
Gundogan (LCM)

Grealish (LAM)
Mahrez (RAM)

Haaland (CF)
Alvarez (CF, RAM, LAM)

Palmer (RAM, RCM)
McAtee (CAM, RAM)
Kaboré (RB)
Mbete (CB)

You should given you’re the champions…it’s hard to see anyone getting close

Thoughts?

Pep knows what he wants who he wants so trust him..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.